“Cruising in style with a wonderful 80' houseboat”
Review of Cedar Hill Resort

Cedar Hill Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Celina
Cedar Hill Resort
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was our second visit to Lake Dale Hollow and renting a houseboat. This was our first use of a houseboat from Cedar Hill Resort. I already have decided that we will be renting another houseboat from here next year! From the staff who answered EVERYONE of my emails to the deckhands who were knowledgeable, helpful and nice to talk with, this cozy resort takes very good care of their Houseboats.
We decided to fly into Nashville instead of the 14-16 hour 2-day drive and boy was that much easier. We stayed in Lebanon TN. overnight and did all of our grocery shopping the morning of our rental and then headed to the resort (One hour thirty minute drive)
The 80' in my opinion is the best boat and has the best layout! 6 private bedrooms with vanities, 2 baths with shower, a great kitchen and well stocked plates, silverware, cups, pots, pans, bowls and utensils. They even supply the sheets and pillow cases! Everything on the boat was is great working order and the boat handled well and was easy to drive. The generator is very efficient and in a week we only used 15 gallons of gas to run it daily for 3-4 hours. We went from the dock all the way to the beginning of the Obey River and back and put on about 60 miles on the boat using about 80 gallons of gas. The lake was so beautiful and we found a beautiful docking location every night.
The prices before June 1st are some of the best on the lake! Look them up and call Jack or Chuck with any and all questions.

Already looking forward to next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jerzak

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We started our family's annual vacation here several years ago. I have four boys aging between eleven and two. We always get a deluxe 65 boat. It provides each their own bedroom and a full size electric fridge. This is a must for a week on the water. The prices are among the best on Dale Hollow and are very consistent. The staff is extremely professional and courteous. We have only had a minor problem with a boat one year and staff came to repair immediately. We meet up with several members of my family every year and almost all have started doing business with Cedar Hill. We just booked another week in 2014 and my boys are more excited than ever.
*****Go Buckeyes!!!*****

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank AHHunt18OHIO
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have rented a houseboat here for over 15 years, and they do a nice job on that. The restaurant onsite is good for comfort food - but it's not fine dining. The cabins are spartan, but clean and close to the lake. So - come here for the houseboats - not the "resort"

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank phizbin
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently stayed at Cedar Hill Resort (August 2013). I booked at this location as it was on the water, they have a marina and the web site offered boat rentals and they had a variety of accommodations from motel rooms to cabins.
When I called to make a reservation, I was told there would be an extra $15 charge for housekeeping as we were only staying 2 nights and the usual minimum is 3 nights. The room was still reasonable compared to most on the lake and the amenities sounded good, so I booked the room. I did not book a boat rental at the time I booked the room as wanted to make sure the weather was decent when we arrived.

When we did arrive, it was late in the day and when I mentioned to the gentleman that checked us in that I may want to rent a boat the next day, he stated that might be a problem because most of their boats were out of service due to repairs needed.
The next morning when we went to the office (about 7:30am) to rent a boat, we were told the same thing....they had no boats to rent as there were 6 that were out of service.
They suggested we try the marina around the corner (Dale Hollow Marina), which we did and did rent a boat from them.
As for the "Resort" and accommodations, the room was OK, it was clean and had a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator (I booked a standard motel room). The bathroom was very small. The view of the lake from the room was excellent and they had chairs to sit outside and a charcoal grill if you wanted to use it.
The swimming pool was bone dry and looked as if it had been empty for quite some time (Photo). The marina had sections of dock that were falling into the water (photo) and could be hazardous.
There was a small restaurant on the premises which was good....we ate there twice, once for dinner and breakfast.
When I checked out, I advised the gentleman that checked us out that I was disappointed in the stay and the reasons. He asked if I had made a boat reservation when I booked the room and I stated no, again, due to weather concerns. He indicated they had a few boats running, but they had already been booked (we requested the boat for a Friday morning), but yes, they had several boats not running due to needing repairs.
I would not stay here again, unless several improvements were made, including a useable swimming pool and a marina that has boats to rent out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ghblonde

Been to Cedar Hill Resort? Share your experiences!