“Laid back atmosphere, polite service, and tasty BBQ.”
Review of Rickard Ridge BBQ

Rickard Ridge BBQ
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Caryville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
rollin'on
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Laid back atmosphere, polite service, and tasty BBQ.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

High ratings for a lake side restaurant, but would do good anywhere. I had the BBQ thighs, house special, with o-rings and slaw. 4 small thighs smoked to the bone (just a touch dry) and nicely seasoned skin. Wife took the pulled pork sandwich and liked it very much. Also, green beans are the best.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rollin'on

Midland, Michigan
“Very good BBQ restaurant”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Tried the baby back ribs, brisket, chicken salad, several sides and dessert. All were very good, none were outstanding. The views alone make this a worthwhile stop if in the area. The food does not diminish the experience.

Knoxville,TN
“Best BBQ in the area”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rickard Ridge is my go to place when I want some BBQ. It is by far the best around. I am what some might consider a BBQ connoisseur of sorts. I love to try different types and styles of BBQ troughout the south. Rickard Ridge is what I would consider East TN BBQ which compares well with Memphis BBQ. The sauce and rubs are original to Rickard Ridge (I have never understood BBQ joints serving products with store bought sauce etc.) and you can buy their own products on site. I have never been dissapointed with anything on their menu. I generally go for either their pulled pork (in sandwich or platter form) or I like their chicken thighs. I will warn you that they serve big portions, so go hungry. They have the best sweet potato fries that I have ever eaten, and I love their coleslaw, especially piled on top of a pulled pork sandwich.
Besides great food, Rickard Ridge has alot of other aspects going for it as well. It is located inside Cove Lake State Park, so the views of Cove Lake and the Cumberland Mountains beyond are a nice treat while dining. Also Rickard Ridge has live music a few nights a week from locals who do a nice job of picking and singing bluegrass, country, and gospel music. In my opinion Rickard Ridge is also one of the nicer establishments along I-75 through this region, so do yourself a favor and give them a try.

• Visited January 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Views, plus good food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

So I travel often for work and this is one of my favorite restaurants when visiting Caryville, TN. It is located in a state park which has beautiful views of the mountains and lakes. The staff is friendly. Ask for the Pig-Out Plate (not on the Menu), it is great and lots of food. Fried pickles are great. You can also ask for Fried Green Tomatoes (also not on the menu). BBQ is good...

• Visited November 2012
Tampa FL
“Great...even if you don't order BBQ”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

As I was planning my trip along I-75, I chose my hotel stop due to the reviews for this place. Unfortunately, I arrived after dark so I couldn't see the view, but I wasn't disappointed. As a senior woman traveling alone, this place did not make me feel isolated and uncomfortable. Loud and friendly folks everywhere. I ordered the special which was Mahi mahi that day and it was quite tasty. However, as I noticed all the diners surrounding me had lovely looking and smelling BBQ in front of them, I wished I had ordered that instead of my healthy choice. Strawberry rhubarb pie was a perfect ending, especially with a scoop of ice cream. Ahhhh.

• Visited October 2012