“Florida 2014, return trip”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a new hotel so you can't go wrong, just off I 75, so location is excellent for the long trip. ......easy access, gas station right beside it. ....has all I normally expect from this chain and more...we were greeted as we entered, friendly smilling fella.....just what we need coming off the road, checked us in quick...has wide hallways, new to their chain....big rooms......comfortable beds all the usual amenities....breakfast is a standard holiday inn express..great first impresion......wouldn't have any hesitation coming back here...

Room Tip: higher the better when close to a highway and room facing away from highway
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

NormD907,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels through East Tennessee. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving you the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight on a road trip. All three staff that we encountered were very friendly, professional, and helpful. The facility was obviously new. The rooms were S P A C I O U S and well designed. The beds were very comfortable and we appreciated the pillow choices.
Breakfast was okay... Eggs were terrible and skim milk smelled spoiled, but my family loved the pancakes and cereal choices. The service at breakfast was excellent enough to make up for the less than stellar food.
Very convenient off interstate.
We would highly recommend a stay at this hotel and will likely return on our way back.

Stayed: February 2014

Dsnscondon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville I-75. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was less than satisfied with customer service relative to TV channel assistance. The TV lineup list indicated that MSNBC and CNN were available on channels 10 and 8 respectively. Upon attempting to view programing on MSNBC, the channel would not hold signal and would go blank intermittantly. I phoned the front desk and advised of problem. The attendant said he would get it corrected in a few minutes. After it was not corrected in about an hour I called the desk again and was advised that it would be fixed shortly and to expect a phone call. It was never fixed, I never got the phone called promised. I gave up on MSNBC and tried CNN. I experienced the same problem with CNN. The only political news channel available to be watched was Fox News. No signal loss or screen blackouts there. Unfortunately, I do not watch Fox News due to the extremely negative and erroneous nature of it's political programming. Yet somehow, I felt I was being given the choice of watching FOX or nothing. I chose nothing so spent an unhappy evening in your hotel. Great facility otherwise, but I probably will choose another hotel next time. Date of my visit was January 8, 2014. I would welcome your reply and mediation.

Earl Solomon

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We apologize for any service interruption that occurred with the satellite television during your stay. We can assure you there was no "political motivation" for the disruption in our satellite service. We will definitely utilize your comments for training purposes to improve the quality of service we provide our guests in the future. We hope that you will give our team another chance should your travels bring you back to the East Tennessee Area.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great Holiday Inn Express. I stay in a lot of Holiday inn Expresses. Building wise, this is the best one I have stayed in.

I understand it is new and opened in June 2013. Holiday Inn got it right. The hallways are wider, the rooms are larger, the desk in the room was plugs accessible. It was easy to set up your laptop and work. The bed was comfortable. Very well decorated. Everything I needed in the room. Climate control in the room. Very quiet.

The breakfast room was large and modern.

All in all, a great Holiday Inn Express. I will be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

JeffreyTravel,
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville. As our guest, you are the only reason we are here. We hope that when your travels bring you back to East Tennessee you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Super nice facility! We couldn't believe the size of the spacious suite! It was very clean. Everyone from the desk clerks to the housekeepers to the workers in the breakfast room were so friendly and helpful. The internet worked great. We give it a 10 out of 10! We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Debra,
Thank you so much for rating your stay a perfect 10 out of 10. Our team strives to provide exceptional service to every guest every time, and we are so appreciative when someone lets us know we hit the mark. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through our area.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Nice large spacious rooms with wide hallway...very nice, all new beds, comfortable. We were just overnighting on travels home. Wireless was present but could not connect and I found this frustrating. Front desk clerk unable to assist. As we were travelling it was key to be able to check in at home and check the weather network for path home. Desktop computer worked well for this though. Breakfast was OK but were out of yogurt and a few other usual items for HI - express. I would stay again here if travelling this way.

Room Tip: pool was outdoors. Away from elevator would be best
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Travel Crew,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville. We are glad you made it home safely and hope the next time your travels bring you to our area you will stay with us. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel itself is very clean!! They provide Bath and Body works lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Very nice bed and very clean sheets/blankets, plenty of clean towels. Climate control on wall was very nice. I was awakened by barking dogs in the night a couple of times. Seen 2 different dogs in the hotel. I have two dogs so I'm not prejudiced against animals. I was just shocked to hear them or see them around the eating area. We didn't have a reservation (which clearly put the gentleman at the desk off kilter) so we were booked in a room by the exit/stairway.It was extremely loud all night. There isn't much to eat in the area, no fault of the hotel. Breakfast was late. We went down a little after seven and she was just now putting out most of the food. The young man at the desk when we checked in was less than friendly or helpful. No eye contact and little customer service skills. We had no idea where we were going to stop on our trip from Florida to Ohio. We were attracted by the "new hotel" sign. It is new, very nice property. Staff is not up to par in my opinion.

Room Tip: Breakfast was late so don't go down right at 6 thirty. We went at 7ish and there was barely any...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Yvonnne,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville. We do allow service animals at our facility, but we apologize if you had difficulty sleeping due to noise. We will definitely utilize your experience to improve the quality of service we provide to all of our guests and hope that you will try us again the next time your travels bring you to East Tennessee. .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Super 8 Caryville TN
#4 of 4 in Caryville
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville? Share your experiences!