“Great Little Hotel”

Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Reviewed July 28, 2006

We booked this place only because of it's location by I-75, but it was so nice.

The staff was incredibly friendly, and for an extra ten dollars, we were able to book a room with a balcony and a view of Cove Lake. Book ahead of time and do this. I know it sounds silly, to pay more a view, but do it. Seriously. Look at the photos I'm adding to my review. These were taken from our room's little balcony. Tell me you don't want a view like that for a few extra dollars.

The outdoor pool was nice, and the hot tub was small but still decent.

Breakfast was included in the price of the room, and they even had hot sausage and french toast strips, in addition to all the typical continental fare.

Also, for some reason, there's llamas. And who doesn't like llamas?

I'm not kidding. Llamas.

Great little hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Urban_Hillbillly

Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 15, 2006

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. We stopped at it overnight on our way home from Myrtle Beach. After staying at a lower quality hotel at the beach, we were set to stay at a Hampton on our trip home. We have always had great experiences with Hampton in the past, but was still surprised by this one.
As far as cons, I can only think of one small one that didn't really matter. The elevator was a little scary when we used it, and didn't seem to be working the rest of our stay. There are only 2 floors though so I recommend the stairs. Especially since they are decorated with old photos like the rest of the hotel.
The pros are many. Like I mentioned before, the whole inside of the hotel is decorated with old photos. It reminded me of a history museum. There are also decoration on the outside, including some old cars. The biggest pro though is the view from the hotel. It sits up on a hill and overlooks Cove Lake and the Cumberland Mountains. They also have a large fenced in area all around the hotel with llamas inside. For the room, it was the usually excellent Hampton quality. I have included photos. Mostly of the view.
I highly recommend this hotel. It was just an overnight stay on the way home from vacation, but after finding it we wished we could have stayed there a few more days. We will definitely include this hotel in our future vacation plans.

• Stayed: July 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2004

This place is GREAT. I will definitely stay here again. The hotel faces the west and the sun sets over the Smokey Mountains. There is an overlook in the front, lined with swings. You can view the mountains and the lake from the swings. It's a beautiful setting. The property around the hotel is completely fenced in, except for the entrance and parking lots, for the llamas. The hotel itself has memorabilia everywhere. Old newspapers, framed and hung. There is antique furniture here and there and lots of old pictures of scenery and people. There is something to look at on every wall at every turn. The room was very nice and clean and the women at the front desk talk to you like they're your neighbor. The breakfast was very good too. And one more thing! The second floor rooms had a balcony with chairs. Our room also faced the mountains and the lake. Highly recommended!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Caryville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 4, 2003

This Hampton has a beautiful view of Cove Lake and the mountains. There is swings for you to sit in to relax and enjoy the view. My daughter loves the llamas that are kept onsite. This is the best place to stay in this area.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
Red Roof Inn Caryville
#3 of 4 in Caryville
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!