“Not feeling the love”

Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a very unique hotel complete with Llamas and a fabulous view, nestled in the foothills of the Smokies. The owner is just as unique and visits with all the guests at breakfast. Such a yarn spinner! The staff during this trip was not very friendly. My room key stopped working 3 times and the front desk lady kept asking if I was checking out. I had enough stress with my critically ill mother; I did not need this too. I will think twice about my next trip to visit with family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sherry m, Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Joann

I am so sorry you didn't feel the love here on your last visit. We truly love our guests and want them to be happy. Our main goal is to satisfy our guests and make the a hotel they want to come back to over and over. The reason they asked you if you were checking out was to not bother you while you were in house. again i am very sorry and hope you will come back and see us soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

One of the finest hotels I have ever stayed at. The owner is friendly and accessable to all guests every morning. The atmosphere is friendly and all employees are friendly and helpful. I would recommend this establishment to anyone going through the area. We actually go a bit out of our way to stay at this Hampton location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you Ronald P for your wonderful review. Thank you for going out of your way a bit to stay with us. It means alot to us. Thank you again and we will see you next time.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

A must stay location if convenient with travel plans. An historic experience with the corridor decorations and the owner's involvement in greeting travelers with the typical and somewhat exceptional small town Tennessee hospitality.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you David S. Glad that you enjoyed the owner with the tennessee hospitality. Hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

On the way to visit the wife's family we stopped at this hotel. Totally by chance we ended up here. So thankful we did. Not only did we love the nostalgia of the place, the history on every wall, but we also had the opportunity to meet the owner. Hack Ayers, what a guy. He shared lots of history with me while we talked but then gave me several cd's that he had copied for me to listen too on my drive. The hotel was nice, clean and well tended too. The staff was all very courteous and really quite delightful. We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you aikmus for the review. Hack loves to meet and greet with the guest. We hope that you wil stay with us again next time during your visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Possibly the best Hampton Inn we have ever stayed at. Highly recommend. Location is great. Hotel decor is outstanding and unique - pictures, memorabilia, etc. that just added to the ambience. Worth staying at this hotel, even if it's a bit out of the way. Be sure to also check out the nearby state park (a short walk from the hotel).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Allen C. So glad you enjoyed all of the pictures and memorabilia. Thank you for highly recommending us.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and we have never been disappointed. The staff was extremely courteous with check in going very expediently. The rooms were clean and tv's had digital cable with lots to watch. Breakfast was excellent and the area was very clean. The owner of the hotel is very hands-on and we have met him a number of times. The hotel is full of local artifacts and stories of bootlegging abound capped off with a story of how the owner's father met his demise. There are cheaper hotels in the area, but none as interesting nor as well run.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you ponikvare for your wonderful review. We love hearing from our guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Hotel was very clean and the staff very willing to help in any way they could. The halls and grounds of the Hotel are decorated with historic pictures and a collection of antique cars and museum pieces

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
Super 8 Caryville TN
Super 8 Caryville TN
#4 of 4 in Caryville
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!