“Mr. Ayers' Hampton Inn”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Stoughton, United States
“Mr. Ayers' Hampton Inn”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We could not be more pleased with our stay. Mr. Ayers is a friend at first meeting and his staff is first class. Other than the weather our stay was perfect. Our trip was planned as a week of ATV riding on the area trails. We left early when the rain would not let up for our activity.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Hack Ayers is one of a kind. We are so glad that you all stayed with us during your stay. We try to make everyone feel like they are family. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lexington, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I felt that everyone genuinely wanted us to enjoy our stay. My kids love seeing the llamas and bunnies that run around the property and I enjoyed looking at all of the auction memorabilia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your review here on tripadvisor. I hope that your children got a llama pin while they were here. I'm glad you got to look at the memorabilia. We look forward to seeing you again.
Indian Trail. NC, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have stayed here several times. It is always a pleasant experience. Staff is wonderful down home but very efficient and helpful. Rooms are clean and tidy. This time I noticed and upgrade in technology hook up. They had several outlets up on the night stand (not on the floor). The breakfast is the best I've seen at Hampton Inn. The older Gentleman (Hatch?) still circulates among the patrons making conversation and distributing free information and CDs. The view is exceptional and worth the visit even if the hotel wasn't as nice as it is. You must visit you won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Sheryl J
Thank you for your review. We try to make everyone feel like family when they come and stay with us. Glad that you enjoyed the view it is one of the best in the county. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Fremont, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We always stay at Hampton Inns when available and this was one of the more unique ones. We loved the history on the walls inside the hotel and also the antiques lining the outside. 'Hack' the owner is available in the morning and serves you coffee and conversation. We stopped here on the way to Florida and then stayed here again on the way back. Loved it both times. Beautiful view from the balcony of the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerry M
Thank you so much for your review. We love hearing from our guest. Hack has a good time meeting with all of the guest in the mornings. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again!!
Sharpsburg, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is in a beautiful location with wonderful decor. The llamas around the hotel are great to see every day as well. The staff is very friendly and they have a great breakfast just like all Hampton Inn's do. My only issue is the size of the fitness facility and the smell of the fitness facility. There are only three pieces of exercise equipment and it smells really bad in the workout room which is housed in a separate building so it doesn't affect the hotel or guest rooms at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed all of the decor and the llamas. Sorry to hear about the exercise room but we will be updating in late October. We will have more exercise equipment and we are working on the smell now. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Royal Oak, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have enthusiastically recommended this hotel to 3 or 4 other people and EVERYONE LOVES this place. "Hack" the owner is always downstairs during breakfast to greet guests and share stories and history of his family (started as moonshiners) and discuss the hallways that are filled with memorabilia and historical clippings, photos and posters. The "park view" rooms overlook Cove Lake State Park and going to the park BBQ restaurant is a MUST!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review and tell people about our hotel. Hack loves to meet and greet with the guest that stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room with the view. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Gallipolis, Ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel while visiting family who have a lake house on Norris Lake, TN. It was about a 30 minute drive from the hotel to their specific location on the lake. The outside of the hotel has lots of character, with figurines, antiques, nice landscaping, etc. The eating area is also decorated with antique items giving it some personality that many other Hampton Inns do not have. The rooms were nice, clean and we had no complaints at all. It was nice that our room had a balcony with two chairs facing west, which was perfect for sittiing in the morning in the cool shade. I have no reason not to recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommending us. We loving hearing from our guest . So glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the figurines, landscaping and the memorabilia. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again for the review!!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
#3 of 4 in Caryville
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!