“The Hillbilly Hampton”

Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is adorably tacky. You've got a pack of llamas living out back, old cars and tractors out front, and all sorts of old pictures covering almost every inch of wall space in the hallways. I had a mountain-view room, and I have to admit I was a little skeptical since I was on the first floor. But when I woke up to the sunrise coming over the ridge, I was completely amazed. It's worth every extra penny to get that stunning view. Even though it is an older building, the rooms are spotless. If you're looking for a true Tennessee country experience, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jacob S
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for the review. I like to say we have one of the best views in the county. I'm glad you enjoyed all the pictures, llamas, cars, and tractors. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Unique ambience rife with museum-quality memorabilia.Superior ospitality goes beyond the staff...owner Hack is a regular jovial presence, full of history and jokes. Gotta love those llamas! A view (if you like hillsides) from either side of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review. We love when our guest have such a wonderful time here. Hack does enjoy telling the guest jokes, history about the surrounding places, and meeting our guest. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The usual clean, comfortable Hampton Inn or so I thought until morning dawned and I looked out over a beautiful lake vista and enjoyed llama munching leaves while I ate my Raisin Bran. I'm glad that Hampton hasn't gotten so carried away with standardization that individual properties can't be a bit unique. Gotta love it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind review. The llama's and lake view are a big part of our hotel one of the best views in the county. Thank you for stopping and staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped in Caryville on our motorcycle trip to Gatlinburg, it was raining and cold. The hotel staff was very accommodating, allowed us to park the bikes under the awning. The rooms were spotless, the hot breakfast in the morning was wonderful and the Gentleman that provided us a DVD of East Tennessee stories was terrific- the DVD was very educating! Due to the rainy weather the hotel allowed us to stay until Noon; and even offered discount if we needed to stay another night. Highly recommended and will put them on our list to stop again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, breakfast and the dvd's that Hack gives out. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stop.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. The service is second to none. The staff is friendly and willing to help out in any way. The rooms are spotless. The complimentary breakfast had the best waffles I've ever had AND one of the staff volunteered to make it for us!

If I could give it more than five stars I would. We have stayed here several times in the past 15 years and have never once had a bad experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that overlooks the lake.
1  Thank James D
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I love to hear that you have been staying with us for so long. It is people like you and your family that keep us going. Thank you again for trying to give us more than five stars. We look forward to seeing you again!!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice clean room, a lot of local history in the hallways and lobby, very friendly people, nice free breakfast, great view of Cove Lake from our room. Owner came around at breakfast and chatted with people and gave us info and cd's to take home about local history, A plus for me was old model a Fords around the property. Overall a good experience and would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: pay the extra 10.00 and get a lake view room, also has a small balcony with chairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. Hack the owner loves to come by and meet all the guest during breakfast. I'm glad that you enjoyed the model a Fords. We look forward to seeing you in the future!!!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our stay at the Careyville Hampton Inn was a real treat. After a long day's drive, we arrived at this family oriented HI with its beautiful view and historical ambience. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The view of the lake and mountains was most relaxing. We recommend it highly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Our lake and mountain view is what alot of our guest come from. I'm glad to hear that you loved it so much. If you come back in the area please stop back by and stay again with us. Look forward to seeing you again!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
Super 8 Caryville TN
#4 of 4 in Caryville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!