“Wonderful American experience”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Longboat Key, United States
“Wonderful American experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Here is a gem within our heartlands that embodies the true entrepreneurial spirit which has made this country what it is (was). One could spend days going through the various artifacts and photos in the corridors. A truly unique American experience that too few have the opportunity to experience and learn from.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I hope you got to take a little bit of our history back with you. I hope that you will get another chance to come and stay with us. Thank you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is a one of a kind. The staff were very friendly. The entire hotel has historical memorabilia in the lobby and down all of the halls. You could spend quite a bit of time just walking around and viewing all of it. The view is excellent. The hotel sits on top of a hill giving it a great vantage point for some great sights. The llamas were pretty cool too.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you had such a lovely time here with us. We hope that you can come back and look at some more of the memorabilia.
ohio
Reviewed April 10, 2013

1st time we have stayed at this hotel, we visit LaFollette TN to see my husband's family at least 3 times a year. I must say its a very nice Hotel. Super clean. Beautifully decorated and the Lhama's are really neat. They have alot of seating outside to enjoy the wonderful view of Cove Lake. Now the downside we encountered was not horrible, but kind of made me mad. We arrived at 2:55 p.m. and nobody was at the desk. 1 lady was standing there waiting and acted irretated. Her husband came in and said whats going on and she shrugged her shoulders and he said lets go and they left. They wanted a room and nobody was in sight. We waited for about 3 min and I seen a girl with long black hair standing on the side looking at herself in a mirror and was trying to do something with her t-shirt. I thought it was a patron just looking in the mirror. We stood there some more and I wanted to leave, but I already had a reservation. Finally some lady came out and said she had to sign in to the computer, after being there over 6 min waiting. The long hair young girl came up front after her and was still only worried about how her shirt looked. ???? Anyways she got us checked in, but to me neither one of them was friendly at all. They need some sort of bell to ring if they are not going to stay upfront. And the same thing happened Sunday morning when we went to check out, we had to wait for about 3 min for someone to come up. Not cool, when your in a hurry. BUT other than that its a very pretty hotel and a nice location. BUT next time we will stay at your sister hotel 5 min down the road with bigger rooms and alot nicer people and for $21.00 LESS.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
First I would like to tell you how truly sorry we are that you had to wait that long. That is not the normal here at the Hampton Inn Caryville. We would love for you to give us another try, so we could show you that your time is important to us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the overlook, llamas, and cleanliness. Once again I'm sorry for you having to wait. Please come and try us again!!!!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The owner, Hack Ayers, greated us at breakfast(Easter Sunday) and we learned a great deal about the history of the area. You can see that he takes great pride in this hotel. Everything was in great shape and very clean and comfortable. The furnishings and decor made me feel that I was staying at a very expensive hotel. I wished we were staying longer than one night!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. Hack does take great pride in his hotel. He loves to visit with the guest that stay with us. We are glad that you all had a good Easter morning with us. We hope that you all can come back and stay longer with us the next time. Thank you again!!!
Sylvania, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I wish our condo in Florida would have been as nice and clean as this hotel. The Caryville Hampton Inn was a wonderful stop on our way to the beach. The staff was very friendly and the owner, Hack Ayers, was there in the morning greeting us and the other guests. The room was very clean and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing us on tripadvisor. We are glad you all stayed with us on your way to Florida. I hope Hack didnt talk your ear off to much. He loves to talk with our guest. We hope to see you all again in the future. Thank you again!!!
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a great small hotel at the top of the hill in Cove Lake. I travel all over the world and was in town visiting family. It is clean and the beds are really comfortable. The breakfast is OK and the staff are exceptionally accommodating. Bathrooms are VERY clean!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This Hotel is Wonderful!!! The history displayed is unique and original, and makes the stay so memorable and comfortable. You feel like part of the family while you are there. The breakfast is prepared for the wonderful night staff, James, and is better than any Hampton hotel we've ever stayed in. The area is interesting and the views are beautiful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind review. We love hearing from our guest. I'm glad to hear that we made you all feel like family. We hope that you all can come see us again soon. Thank you again!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Red Roof Inn Caryville
Red Roof Inn Caryville
#3 of 4 in Caryville

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!