“A very unique Hampton!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Bay Village, Ohio
“A very unique Hampton!”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have stayed in dozens of Hampton Inns all over the midwest, but our evening in Caryville, TN was one of the most unique! We were on our way to Florida on I-75 South when we ended up in a 3 hour traffic jam caused by a washed out roadbed. We were detoured on State Route 25W which took us through the winding hills of Tennessee for over an hour, following trucks trying to climb steep and narrow hills. We finally realized that we were not going to make it to Knoxville, our planned destination for the night. We called the Hampton in Knoxville by cell phone to cancel and asked the desk clerk to find us another Hampton closer to where we were. He made reservations for us in Caryville.

The approach to the building was a well-lit winding driveway, just like the mountain roads we'd been traversing. We were welcomed by statuary and antique cars as we parked to register and unload. We had been in the car for 13 hours when we arrived, and the last thing we wanted to do was fight through all that traffic again to get dinner, so the desk clerk (and manager) gave us menus of local places who would deliver. We chose pizza and within 30 minutes were enjoying hot pizza delivered to our door! Our room was clean, comfortable and comparable to most Hamptons we have experienced. What made this facility unique was the photos and memorabilia on the walls of all the hallways and common spaces...photos of historical events and people in the area. There was a fenced-in steep hill behind the building housing 5 llamas as resident lawn care specialists!

After a hot breakfast the following morning, we departed the Hampton Inn in Caryville with memories of a pleasant visit to the mountains of Tennessee rather than our nightmarish day on I-75. Highly recommend this small town facility for true southern hospitality!

Room Tip: Our room was right near the desk, but there was no noise inside the room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank busybabe555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Looking for a place to stay on our way thru Tennessee on I-75 we found the Hampton Inn Caryville. It is owned by a family in the auction business and it all decked out in antiques and classic cars! It did not look like any Hampton Inn I've ever seen but more like a boutique hotel! To top it off, it was clean, clean, and clean!! The breakfast is better than 99% of places we've ever been.
I think it would be a great place to stay for a few days and explore the lovely area!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Love the view outside and all the memorabilia inside. The staff was EXCELLENT.......No problems with the room and breakfast better then other Hamptons:)

Room Tip: Not your every day Hampton
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fostoria, Ohio
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We regularly travel from Ohio to Florida. We always make it a point to stay at the Hampton Inn in Caryvile, TN. Exit 134 off of I-75. They are always very reasonably priced, but that's not the best part. The best part is the hospitality that we are with which we are greeted time and time again. This review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the museum type atmosphere both in and outside the building. Very interesting. Sometimes we even get a chance to photograph the Llamas climbing the hill surrounding the building.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Have had numerous stays at this property..not much else there in lodging.They have let the place go undated for so long its pitiful.First glance,it appears nice.Having said that the rooms are ok,my main gripe is the bath rooms.Absolutely disgusting..mold all corners of tub,even in corners of floor.Tub was actually so worn it was grey with some kind of film on it.Apparently their answer with mold was to user latex caulk..it was a good inch thick everywhere.The sink was same,silver wearing off mirror.Neither my husband nor myself used shower.Didn't want to feel dirtier getting out than going in and thats exactly how it would have been.Owners surely need to do much needed work!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 11, 2012

By the reviews thought this would be a good choice for us in the mountains. Bathroom was from the 1980s- in dire need of updating. The tub surround had a major crack in it filled with caulk and mold. The tub had a yellow ring in the bottom. UGH. I asked to be moved. The very nice staff moved me to a nicer room with a fireplace. Bad decision. The malfunctioning fireplace was a disappointment. I notified the front desk staff that it would periodically turn off, then come back on and they didn't seem alarmed. After checking out, I realized that my headache and sick stomach from the two day stay magically disappeared. Perhaps a gas leak in the room? Hampton corporate should perhaps reexamine this hotel. Again, very nice staff, but the decor/rooms perhaps need a thorough safety check.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WNC G
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Beautiful spot to stay. Quiet, great staff and clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
#3 of 4 in Caryville
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!