“Nice choice for the area”

Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Located about an hour north of Knoxville, the Caryville location provides a nice convenient stop for weary travelers off if the Interstate. The Hampton Inn is clean and convenient and has some amenities and history---see previous posts--that make it kind of unique (great view of Cove Lake as well).
Overall the price is a bit on the high side (around $100).
The outdoor pool is small, but clean. Also no in room fridge or microwave, but all in all a good safe bet and a step above some of the other local chains along the Interstate.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Otisnova2010
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I reserved a room for 5 on-line. The on-line reservation took my reservation, including the ages of my children (none of whom are small). We got to the property and they told me that there were no roll-away beds (which is what I had asked for in the reservation comments field.) The woman at the desk could not have been any less friendly, and basically said take it or leave it. At almost midnight we still could not get comfortable, so I asked the person at the desk if anything had opened up since we checked in. He said that there was a room with a king and a pullout, which would have fit the 5 of us better, but he could not switch our room unless we paid for it. So one of our teenage children slept on the floor. I would never think of staying at this property again. I am going to contact Hampton corporate when I get home to make sure they know how their customers are being treated.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kt4646
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times. This hotel is always clean, the staff is always friendly and helpful. The Breakfast has a variety of choices and is very good. The owner is very friendly and talks with us everytime we stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 3wheelGoldwinger
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I travel with a country music artist and we stay at many hotels throughout the year all over the country. This hotel was by far the most spectacular one we've stayed in since I began traveling with the 7 years ago (with the exception of a 5 star resort in Switzerland - but that's hardly a fair comparison!). The hotel was not only clean, quiet and comfortable; but had the added bonuses of a llama farm (yes...a llama farm) in the back and the most extensive collection of history memorabilia that I've ever seen outside of a museum. It was displayed on every wall, including the stairwells. It did not give the feeling of a museum at all, it simply feels like beautifully decorated home by someone with a love of history. I can't do it justice in this small review. If you'd like a more extensive description, along with many photos; please take a look at this blog written by our tour manager: http://nashvillemusicianssurvivalmanual.com/Blog/?p=1018

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JustDucky923
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed in Florida over spring break and when we drove back to Chicago we stayed one night in this hotel. Great break from the long drive. Beautiful scenery, very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the view of the Smokey Mountains right out our window. The owner was in the lobby, very nice and interesting. Loved the character of the place. Breakfast was great, eggs, do it yourself waffle iron, all kinds of coffee and tea. My mother in law loved the history of the place and my kids enjoyed the lamas, My husband and I enjoyed the sunset viewed from the swings over looking the lake. Very nice and refreshing.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank luvtotravel09
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Very nice hotel with beautiful views of the mountains and lake. Hotel is themed with historic photos and artifacts. Very easy check-in. At breakfast the owner Hack came around and chatted with the guests--very entertaining. I have stayed here twice and would recommend. The only downside (and nothing to do with the hotel) is that there is a shortage of nice restaurants and the county is dry. So no cocktail with dinner.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sanibeltravler
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We have stayed here several times, most recently in March 2011 on way back from Florida.
This is a different place than you are used to off the the interstate.
Perched on top of a high hill, this older Hampton has a commanding view of Cove Lake and the surrounding mountains.
Other reviews here outline the Historical nature of the place. They are right.
An older Hampton is also a more solid Hampton. Thicker walls. Better insulation. QUIET.
If you are looking for a brand new hotel with pristine conditions throughout, skip this.
If you are looking for a solid, quiet break from driving, where you can view the lake and mountains from your balcony after a long day of driving, this is for you.

Tip....ask at the front desk for the awesome Takumi Chinese/Japanese restaurant in Caryville. They have menus. They deliver.

Then, enjoy some of the best oriental food you have ever eaten, sip on a toddy while the sun shines on you while you are watching the lake and mountains, and remember that this is what road trips are all about.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank mkelch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Red Roof Inn Caryville
Red Roof Inn Caryville
#3 of 4 in Caryville

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!