“Camden, TN”

Best Western Home Place Inn
Best Western Home Place Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Camden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glen Spey, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed 2 nights while visiting family. Staff was friendly, breakfast was fresh and delecious. Rooms were clean and cozy. Housekeeping met our request for extra coffee and blankets. Nice size fridge with complimetary water, nice micro, and recliner was a bonus. There as even a charging station at the desk in the room which was awesome. We could charge phones, DS, Kindle and computer all at the same time! Will deffinitly stay here again whe we visit!

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here one night for business, and this property is clean and the staff are nice. I had one major concern, which was that the rooms opened to the outside, so there is nothing to stop invaders from approaching the doors directly or seeing which rooms were occupied. That being said, I received a call at around 9pm in my room from a man who sounded like he was in his 20s. He claimed to be calling from the front desk, and needed to take down my "information" again because there was a "power outage" an hour ago which caused all of the guest info to be lost from the hotel computer. I told him I did not believe his story, and that I was going to hang up and call the front desk, and if he did not pick up, then I would call the police. Well I called the front desk and it turned out they KNEW this guy had been trying to pull this about once a week for the last few weeks, and that the police were aware of the situation. Yet they still readily connected him to my room just with him asking to connect to my room number, without asking who he was looking for. I was disturbed that the staff had not taken precautions against this person or at least warned guests about not giving out their personal info on the phone. Of greatest concern was that this person probably saw me coming into/out of my room from the parking lot, knew I was not in my room an hour ago to confirm whether there actually was a power outage, and could have been calling from right outside. I barricaded the door and blocked the window with furniture and slept with a knife under my pillow that night, and naturally I didn't sleep well. So if you stay in the Camden area, please be aware that the police probably still have not apprehended this person, do not give any personal information out over the phone, and take all valuables out of your car. I do not know if this person is physically dangerous, but keep in mind he can easily be in close proximity to you at some point in time, so take necessary defensive precautions to protect yourself and your family against a potential physical attack.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Opened the door to the most pristine, fresh smelling hotel room that I have seen in ages. I mean clean as in supremely neat and spotless! There was an overall sanitary and healthy atmosphere to every inch of the room, and it offered good lighting also. I had a pleasant night's sleep with little notice of noise from other rooms, and the place was booked solid. The staff was delightful, the breakfast good and the rates very reasonable. My only regret was that I was only able to stay one night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My sons and I traveled to Camden for a funeral. The hotel, not only offered bereavement rates, but extended the check out so all of us could press clothes and get ready to leave.

They provided an incredible “home cooked” full breakfast. It was excellent and incredible to find so much offered . . .eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, muffins, waffles, juices, yogurt, fresh fruit and on and on.

Along with all of this, they expressed heart-felt condolences and helped us on our way with directions.

All that with friendly service and a clean and comfortable room! What more can a traveler ask for? We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jesperetoujour
Reviewed November 14, 2011

While traveling to Camden TN. for business I stayed one night at this hotel. The staff was very nice and provided me with a last-minute room which was very clean. The breakfast was as good as any in the buffet style offerings today. And yes, the kindness of the staff shines through while making hot waffles in the morning. I could definitely recommend this hotel for short stays for business travel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while on a business trip. It was the closest hotel to my destination.

Pros: Extremely friendly service. Very good breakfast buffet, including freshly made scrambled eggs, biscuits, cereal, waffles, yogurt, applesauce, etc. Nice outdoor pool with seating areas. Refrigerator and microwave in room. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Cons:Unfortunately the hotel rooms have outside entrances, which is always a safety concern for me. The compliementary wi-fi was slow and frequently "timed out" on me. Also, this is an older hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank trvlgrl99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Camden
#1 of 1 in Huntingdon
Days Inn Holladay
Days Inn Holladay
#1 of 1 in Holladay

Been to Best Western Home Place Inn? Share your experiences!