“So - So”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camden
Birdsong Resort & Marina
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Camden
cedar rapids, iowa
“So - So”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We enjoyed Bob and the staff. They all went out of their way to help in any way they could. Real nice people. The lake view and access, camping facilities, game room and pool area are very nice at Birdsong, but we were expecting something more than an older ( and I do mean older ) trailer for our week's stay at the resort. I'm not saying the accommodations were bad, but a group of old run-down looking trailers isn't going to get the good word out. Don't get me wrong, we stayed dry during the four inch rain the passed through the area, the furnace kept us warm during the cool nights and the AC worked fine the couple of days we had to flip it on. It's just the fact that it was an old trailer. Hard telling how long ours and the three or four others have been there. I'm pretty sure the local cats had a home under our unit and the wife thought for sure a skunk called unit 9 home. Or maybe it was one of the cats that got in a tussle with a skunk. The master bedroom was the only room that had any curtains and there was no padding under the carpet. Here again we made do. The boat we rented was just ok. The Huminbird depth indicator didn't work and the motor ran a little rough. In our books, it cost too much for what we got. If you won't be renting a boat, there is plenty of good fishing from the bank close to the trailers. With the area that the owner has, I think he would be further ahead in the long run to get rid of those run down old units and put up some nicer cabins in their place. If you are looking for a real swank place with loads of amenities, this place isn't it. If it's just you and the wife or a group of buddies in for a weekend fishing trip, this resort will do. Just keep in mind don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank glenn p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been doing business with Bob at Birdsong Marine for 20 years or more. Bob has always done me right with purchases and service. I would recomend Bob to anyone looking to buy any type of watercraft. Birdsong Marine has always been fair and honest with me, great place to visit and do business. Thanks Bob for all the good deals and you always have been fair and your word is your bond !! Danny Perry Clarksville, Tn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nashville
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed in Birdsong for the long labor day weekend. The staff and guests at Birdsong were so nice! The boat dock had everything we needed bait, drinks and ice. The pontoon i rented ran great, we took a cruise to the scenic duck river mouth. My niece caught some giant bluegill (locals call shell cracker) when we returned to the marina we were greeted by the owner and his staff and invited to a large BBQ meal. I would love to go to this place every weekend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maumee, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We travel almost monthly to work in different areas of the US, but this experience was THE BEST we have ever known! The 3 bedroom trailer with a fenced in back porch was approximately $1,700.00 for the month BUT it was within 15 minutes of our job, sat within walking distance of the TN River and was COMPLETELY furnished! I mean everything from very comfortable beds, washer/dryer, (washing detergent & dryer sheets!), coffee, utensils, air cleaner, auto dishwashing detergent, toiletries, towels, wash cloths, EVERYTHING! You need come with NOTHING, but your clothes! They supplied everything you would have in your own home and MORE! That says nothing until you meet the owners. What precious people! I had heard nightmare stories from co-workers to other campground owners of how the owners were dishonest and would rip us off. When we were laid off by our company 3 weeks earlier than we thought we would, we were nervous about the campground because we had paid a month in advance that month. We were told by all others that we could forget a refund because the owners were crooked and wouldn't refund. We were pleasantly surprised when not only did they give us a complete refund, but allow us to stay another night FREE because they were sorry we had lost our jobs early!!! Now that is the Love of Christ I have not seen very often at all in my life. So a huge THANK YOU to the owners. What a precious, precious couple! DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING ANYONE ELSE SAYS...try it out for yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I cannot speak for the renters and the condition of the trailors they have. We pulled our TT and found the services were good. The power / water / on-site sewer were very accessible from all sites. Very easy to maneuver through the campground. As for the person who had to park in the road...... there is a huge open parking lot before the building that is identified on the 10 ft x 10 ft sign stating to turn left for check-in. Customer service was top-notch and accomodating. The only thing this place really needs is a beach area to the lake. There is no local swimming hole on-site. If you're really wanting to lake/river swim without a boat -- Go to Eva Beach. (15 min drive on 191) or Buffalo River (Exit 143 and turn right -- 5 miles on your left).

Yes, this place is off the interstate (9 miles). If want to camp off the interstate just stay at the Pilot Station then!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JC S
Arlington, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Listen, I saw the bad reviews and decided to take a chance. I am glad that I did. I took my 6 yr old daughter, 4 yr old son, and wife. We had a blast. My camper was easy to move around the resort. We were right on the water. Oh yea my chocolate lab loves that place too. The staff there were extremely nice and helpful. Not to mention the fellow campers were also very nice. It seemed like everyone new everyone. Darrel, at the boat dock, would bring my kids popsicles and kid around w/ them. That was nice. Skip, who is usually at the dock, was off work for a couple of weeks. He was behind my camper. He did not have to be cool w/ us or give us some great places to go on the boat but he did and Im grateful. It just goes to show that you just cant believe all the negative crap that you read. Is it a 4 star resort w/ a nice hotel w/ complimentary breakfast? NO! However, if you are a camper, youre in luck my friend. Bob, the owner, is a real nice guy also. I had the pleasure of talking to him quit a bit. Keep up the good work Birdsong.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brandon H
Jasper, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay that I thought might be safe and secure. I thought being on the water would be great! Ha! It is all trailers - old trailers! The price for a 2-3 br was $1600.00/month. Outragious! I couldn't believe he could charge that but he can because there is nothing or no where to stay in the area that is decent. I had to either go to Murray, Kentucky or Dickson, TN. to feel safe and secure and as a woman traveling by herself, that is exactly what I will do.

Room Tip: Do not go to this resort as it is not a resort!