Super 8 Bulls Gap Greeneville Area
$50
$49
$66
$96
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I was on my way to Nashville to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter, and I decided not to drive all the way. We were going to be staying at a Super 8 in Nashville, so I decided to stick with Super 8 for a 1-night stopover in Bulls Gap, TN. I should have kept going to the next available Super 8 down the road. There were very nice people working here, but the quality of the room left a lot to be desired. Among the problems; bad electrical outlets, the refrigerator wasn't plugged in, and worst for me, no wireless internet service! I called several times to the front desk, and they assured me they had fixed the problem. I never did get internet access. At breakfast the next morning, several other guests complained about the same problem. On my next trip to Nashville, I'll drive right by this Super 8.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 12, 2007

On a trip down South, my husband & I were exhausted by the time we hit Bulls Gap & decided to pull off and get a room. The Super 8 Motel looked fairly clean on the outside, but then again, it was after midnight so it was hard to tell. We were told the rate was $56.99 plus tax, and, out of exhaustion, I agreed to spend the night there. There is a prominent sign in the lobby that says refunds are only granted for the first 15 minutes, so I should have known better. The lady at the desk was going off duty, so I ended up paying a man who barely spoke English. I hope that he calculated the tax right!

The room was very poor. The mattress was worn out and the linens needed replaced. It took us nearly 15 minutes to get the lights on; the switch worked a lamp that wasn't plugged in and it took us a while to figure it out. The carpet wasn't clean, and the furniture wasn't just old; it was beat up. The side of the dresser was busted & there was broken wood from it on the floor beside it. The bathroom wasn't much better, as there was a mold/mildew combination on the lighting grid on the far corner. It did have a hair dryer & a curved shower rod, so I guess they thought they were better than a one star.

Good things: it was fairly quiet & I managed to sleep six or seven hours before the noises woke me up. They do have a pretty decent breakfast in the morning with cereal, donuts, bagels & waffles.

Would I stay there again? Not unless I was desperate. I noticed later on that we could have gotten a nicer room about twenty miles further south for the same or less money.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple