“Home cooked meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Old Lighthouse
Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Diner, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: First come first serve True Diner experience, reservations for after hours of operation must be made 48 hours in advance, and it is only for parties of 20 (twenty) or more up to 55. Your party will be catered to by whatever is on our menu or your choice of a special chosen meal. Breakfast all day, from just eggs to omelets, from small hand formed burgers to 2 lb burgers, dinner platters are offered as well. Enjoy the safe and secure atmosphere with your children and seniors. Our atmosphere is filled with the beauty of listening to oldies of the 1950's all day. We begin clean around 2:30pm, open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 3pm.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Home cooked meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Friendly hometown service with great food. Willing to cater to my kiddos crazy ideas of breakfast food.

• Visited April 2013

Stafford, Virginia
“Delicious (Southern) Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My son and I visited on the recommendation of our hotel staff at the Marriott and were not disappointed. We wanted a home-cooked meal and we found it. All of the wait staff as well as the cooks (they literally cook your food 10 feet away; how cool is that!??) made the visit that much more pleasant. We had the omelet, grits, hash browns, "fluffy buttermilk" pancakes as well as biscuits and gravy. ALL were made from scratch and delicious! (It was so good we came back the next day). A hidden gem. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

• Visited February 2013
Bristol, Tennessee
“Not very caring”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Ignored for a long period. Servers arguing for whatever reason. Not very clean or professional. Not a very likely place to visit.

Visited November 2012
Bristol, Tennessee
“Great atmosphere for a family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've traveled allot and have eaten at many places, but Waffle House, Perkins, Denny's or Hardees cannot stand up to this place. They are alert, service oriented, joyful, and always looking to make you a pleasant dining experience. I've eaten there when the Hatchers owned it, it was run down, employees appeared to not care and it was dirty, but now the new owner is cleaning up everything, bringing new glory to an old building. As for those who expressed negative comments, I believe these are the ones the new owner is trying to get rid of. They always sought to get something for nothing by constantly complaining about something, foul mouths and they didn't care about the families in there presence. I even witnessed the new owner ask a customer to leave for there foul and foolish behavior. And he was not afraid of escourting them out to protect the interest of those enjoying themselves. We applaud him!!!!!!! We need more managers like him in other restaurants.

Ethan A.

• Visited December 2012
“Downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I used to eat here for breakfast and it was good not the best but good. I went there in the first of november, just me and my wife one morning and it was terrible. The only good thing was the waitress keeping our drinks full and checking on us. I had one biscuit and gravy with side of tomatoes and sweet tea. The wife had French toast (Texas toast according to the menu) with powder and syrup on the side and also hasbrowns and sweet tea. My biscuit was so hard, not burnt but probably made a few days ago and the gravy just barely warm. I ate half and was done. My wifes French toast was not prepared the way it should have been and she said it tasted like it had some type of garlic on it. She probably ate half of it but with a lot of syrup on it. The final bill $19.46 plus tip of $2. I will never go back and tell people frequently that it is not very good. It's better to drive a few miles more for a lot better food. Thanks

• 1 of 5 bubbles