“Management here is clearly incompetent, putting people's health at risk by serving them poorly cooked food and rotten le”
Review of K P Duty Gourmet Shoppe & Cafe - CLOSED

K P Duty Gourmet Shoppe & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 30, 2014

DON'T EAT HERE. One of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had. First of all, it is NOT upscale food. My lettuce was completely brown and the feta and turkey sandwich I had was disgusting and missing several key ingredients that it said it would have on the menu.

Our first sign to leave should've been when we were ignored for several minutes while waiting to be seated. But just as we were about to turn and leave (which, by the way, we saw several people do) the waitress came back and seated us. Before she did, I asked specifically "Do you have enough time to feed us before the show? We have to be at the show next door at 8". It was 6:35. "oh, we have plenty of time she said".

Well she took our food order right away and brought our drinks (However, she never brought me the water with lemon that I asked for). But 45 minutes later we hadn't received so much as a slice of bread. We had both ordered salads with our sandwiches, but we hadn't received those either.

I was starving and there was no one to be found. I went into the kitchen - this place is packed with tables and there was only three people looking after tables and two people in the kitchen. Finally, another waitress brought me some bread at least.

Our food took an hour to come out and then we had to scarf it down to make it to the show in time -- we didn't have time to properly complain to anyone or to have the bad food removed from the bill. I shouldn't have even paid the bill!!

Management here is clearly incompetent, putting people's health at risk by serving them poorly cooked food and rotten lettuce. I feel sorry for all the innocent people passing by who are going to the Bristol Paramount next door and don't know to STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jami328

Bristol, Tennessee
“I'm not going back”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

For starters, we had to wait and try to figure out whether to be seated ourselves or wait to be seated, the sign was hidden. Then, when someone did finally come, (because the other girl was chatting) she motioned with our head and said "ya'll could go sit over there if you want". The chatting girl stopped chatting and came to clean a table off for us, (there were only 3 occupied tables at this time). She was actually going to sit us at the table without cleaning it but my husband said it needed cleaned. She nearly suffocated me with the amount of windex she sprayed on the table. Then our waitress comes to the table, she is unkempt, shirt off her shoulder with her bra strap, tattoo and what looked to be an infected chest piercing showing. Her hair is a mess, she has a run in her black stockings and she leaves the kitchen chewing food as she walks through the dining room. She also wipes her nose with her hand at one point. The silverware was dirty. Now to the food, after about a 40 to 45 min wait, my black bean burger was cold and my husband ordered the white chili which is supposed to have chicken in it. He gets a bowl of beans with no chicken. He ate the whole bowl, no chicken. I complained and asked he get another bowl (he had ordered the all you can eat chili so they weren't out anything) and this time he would like some chicken in it. She comes back to the table and with no apologies tells us that they had ran out of the chili and that the reason his chili didn't have chicken in it is because it was the "backup" chili. Basically this means they opened a can of beans and charged him $8. They should have told us up front, we have run out of our regular chili and have a substitution but it doesn't have chicken in it so he could have had the choice to pick something else and why take so long to get cold food? and food that was not even very good.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank karenl5548
Johnson City, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service Slow; Food OK”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I visited KP Duty, for the first time, Friday evening. When we went in, there were very few diners there. However, it was about 45 minutes before we even received a salad, which obviously came out of a bag. We discussed leaving before we got our salads, because neither of us felt "welcome". The staff totally ignored us for probably 30 minutes. The entrees were OK, but not worth the price. I don't think this spot will be on our list of favorites.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank D F
Abingdon, VA
“Love the outdoor seating!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I've always enjoyed coming here! The service is always good, food is great, and the atmosphere is my favorite in Bristol.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank cynthianva
Bristol, Virginia
“Lunch with a friend”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have lunch here about once a month. They have great salads. The sandwich and soup specials are great too. The deserts are out of this world. We eat outside in the summer. Need I say more.

Visited July 2013