“cozy on a freezing day”
Review of K P Duty Gourmet Shoppe & Cafe - CLOSED

K P Duty Gourmet Shoppe & Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We enjoyed KP DUTY on the TN side of the Bristol town. We had hot home made soup and great service. It is quaint and we enjoyed sitting at the big window looking out on State Street.

4  Thank ssteinway

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Recently went there with my family and friends. We had to ask for a children's menu which they didn't have but said they could make a pasta dish, pizza, or peanut butter sandwich. Our server wasn't even sure what soda products they carried nor their beer selection. Finally we all placed our order. 10 mins later our drinks finally arrived and which time the place had a few more customers in there. Still waiting for our food we noticed the other tables getting bread and appetizers. After 45 mins we had to ask our server for bread since the kids were starting to get hungry. Over an hour after taking our orders our food finally arrives. Everyone's food arrived but my daughter's pizza. When it did arrive the cheese was barely melted. My burger was bland and overcooked. I finally asked for a manager and asked why when we were the first customers here we were served last. Her response was it was the kitchen's fault and that the tables around us were reservations and therefore were served first. I let her know that I found that excuse to be unprofessional and unacceptable. When they brought our tickets she apologized for the mixup in tickets and gave us some comp tickets. To me a little too late. No manager should ever tell a customer that unless you have reservations you shouldn't expect to get good service.

1  Thank Anya H
Reviewed October 25, 2012

KP Duty serves great gourmet food with an extensive selection of wine. It is located on the main street (State Street) which encompasses many interesting shops. You may dine in or outside.

4  Thank lmblake
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visited K.P. Duty for lunch one day, and the service could not have been more terrible. The waitress was not the least bit friendly, cold actually, and they seemed to be out of everything by 1pm. Go to Machiavelli's, 620 State, or Eatz to experience better food and MUCH better service. We will not be returning here. Too bad, as this place has great potential. With decent food and a wonderful location, friendly wait staff would make a huge improvement.

1  Thank Bristol_Carly
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I used to live in Bristol and ate at KP Duty occasionally. It was always an enjoyable experience. Recently, my family and I had lunch at the restaurant while visiting some friends. Service was slow and inattentive, which is to be expected when there are only two servers covering all of the tables. Besides the fact that it took awhile to be waited on after being seated, our server usually arrived breathless at the table. Rarely (perhaps once?) were we asked if we needed anything or if our food was acceptable. While the stuffed baked potatoes were good, the crab cake left much to be desired. The cake itself wasn't much thicker than a fast food hamburder and, in fact, was served on a low-quality (and crushed) white hamburger bun. For a $10 plate, that was nothing more than a rip-off. To the restaurant's credit, the sauce on the cake was delicious.

If you're looking for a decent lunch in Bristol, there are better options.

1  Thank jsctraveler