“Chicken salad ”

Red Rooster Market and Deli
Ranked #22 of 119 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

We went here for lunch while in town for Bristol race. This is a hidden gem. It’s small and family owned. Everything is homemade. Its a mom, Dad and son that own it and they are the ones working in it. The chicken salad is delicious. You will not be disappointed. We had a great lunch and will be back.

1  Thank cthom54

Reviewed January 21, 2018

I have eaten here a few times. A family run business and I like supporting small businesses. The food is good, the service okay, and the atmosphere is fine. Here is the thing, the food can be mediocre but if the service and feel of the restaurant is nice, I will return. I never get the warm fuzzies here and I feel like I am an inconvenience, and I am the paying customer. It could be on the times I have been there, but my last visit was my last.

If you try it, I hope your experience is better.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

Let me start by saying that I have been to Red Rooster for lunch on a couple of occasions, and the food was very good. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for the Family Style Supper nights. We were there on 7/14 for my dad's birthday. My mother called ahead to let them now we would be a party of 10. There were four of us waiting for the rest of our group to arrive, and the mother sat at what seemed to be her designated place and stared holes in us; never a smile, a word, or anything! We were quite uncomfortable, to say the least. Supper is about 15 dollars, and includes drink, and dessert. For that amount of money, I expect to use real tableware, not eat on plastic disposable plates, and certainly not be served out of small styrofoam bowls. The son is a piece of work! His attitude is horrible, and when we asked for more meat, he acted as if it were the biggest burden of his life. Again, there were 10 of us, and half the table didn't get any meat on the first go around. He spoke rudely to my Aunt, cousin, and a couple of other people in our group. The food was sub-par. The actual restaurant was hotter than the food! Because of the attitudes, food quality, and temperature of the restaurant, i will never go back; not even for lunch.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Stopped in one Saturday evening. Had the family style supper. OH MY!. Just like grandma used to make. Best of everything. Great service. Made us feel like we were at home. We will be back every chance we get.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at the Rooster almost weekly for the past 15 years. It is the best place for lunch. Delicious chicken salad and meatloaf. The food is all "homemade" & the atmosphere is cute & friendly.