“Wonderful and Memorable”
Review of Bristol Caverns

Bristol Caverns
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Bristol
Reviewed March 1, 2013

It was $56 for 4 people. Our tour guide was Brandon. He did an excellent job. We were the only people there so it was a private tour which was fantastic. (It was their off season.) If you have trouble walking or get winded there are some steep stairs and uneven stairs to climb. It really is a beautiful cavern and the story of how it was found is fascinating. This is a must see!!!

Does this review sound familiar? Well it should, :) Jerry and I were the other couple with Sherrie and Ed. Wonderful and Memorable, Thank you

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Some people like caves and some people don't. The stalagtites and stalagmites add to the beauty and mystique. Info by the guide also makes it more interesting. If you're in that area of Tennessee, it's definitely worth stopping to visit this.

1  Thank steve f
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was so thrilled to take our Chinese foreign exchange student with me to Bristol Caverns. I hadn't been there since I was about 6 years old, but I remember loving the place as a child.

We paid $14.50 each for admission, which seemed a bit steep, but I thought it would be money well spent if we were going to learn about geography and science, and get a 1.5 hour tour or so. I don't mind spending the money on the good stuff!

The tour guide taking us seemed nice enough, but right from the beginning he started "witnessing" to us- letting us know that he was a Bible-fearing Christian. That's all well and good- I certainly don't mind someone being religious in their own home or place of worship, or among family an friends, but I didn't come to this place to get "saved".

I asked him what formed the caverns, and he responded, "The Great Flood" that the Bible speaks of. I asked, "Are you serious?" He said he was absolutely serious. I said, well, what do scientists say formed the caverns, and he told me that some scientists believe that there was an underwater river 400-500 million years ago, but that that can't be true because the scripture only contemplates the world being 6000 years old or so.

Every question I asked was met with a biblical response. I was furious! I actually wanted to learn something scientific, not just about what this guy believes.

So, I suppose if you want to be told Bible stories and just look around (the caverns are very beautiful, and have been well-maintained), go ahead. The tour was only about 45 minutes long. For the money, though, I'd go to Appalachian Caverns- the tour we took there was phenomenal.

Oh, on the plus side, our tour guide knew what kinds of rocks were in the caverns and what they named each of the rooms and why.

18  Thank Defiantmonkey
Reviewed November 2, 2012

2  Thank srjpJohnsonCity
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is nice to go and see. Nothing special but worth seeing. THe people try very hard to comment and tell you about the caves.