“Another trip to Alona's' another fabulous meal!”
Review of Cafe Alona

Cafe Alona
Ranked #11 of 120 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Warm cozy environment designed for a true Dining Experience different from any in our area. Secured parking lot small outside dinning with fresh herd gardens and tulip and landscaping beds.Most of all trained warm service that cares.
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Alona is just an incredible cook! Each week she features a different kind of food. When friends invited me to join them for Dutch cooking, I hesitated, but hey, the food's been wonderful every single time I've been there, so why not try Dutch cooking? It was delicious as always. We had Caesar salad, nicely flavored, fresh as could be. Then the star of the evening, the appetizer, Citrus Hollandaise with Asparagus and Herb Gouda stuffed Ham Rolls. I could have eaten that as the main course. Fresh asparagus, wrapped in a thick-sliced ham; slightly melted Gouda cheese, also wrapped in ham, a couple of tomato wedges, a sliced hard-boiled egg, and a very light Hollandaise Sauce over the whole thing.

Entree was delicious too. A couple of nice sausages served over pureed carrots, and mashed potatoes that were mixed with bacon and kale. Fabulous!

Don't forget dessert: we have our choice -- Carrot Cake, Flourless Chocolate, or Coca Cola Chocolate (I always choose that!).

Plenty left over for the next day's meal!

Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thanks for the outstanding review we love our foodies and will keep trying to improve. God bless. Jeff and Alona

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Family owned and very personable service. My mother and I went here for lunch and got tempted for a desert. We had the coconut cake. It didn't disappoint it was delicious!

Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Thanks for the review! No longer opening for lunch, been awhile huh?

Reviewed April 19, 2018

Great new experience having dinner at Cafe Alona in Bristol, Tennessee. It was a an excellent meal. Tonight was "American Fusion" night, featuring chicken soup, crab cakes, roast beef with fried onion topping and cake and ice cream for dessert. Great service! International cuisine is the specialty at Alona's. I plan on sampling frequently, now that I have discovered it.

Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Welcome to our foodie fun house. Thanks for the review and looking forward to seeing you try our International Cuisine weekly specials. Travel the world by taste under one roof. Thanks Jeff and Alona

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Excellent food and service with Alona's personal touch and attention to detail. My husband ordered the eggplant parmesean and I got the shrimp pasta. Both were delicious with generous servings -- we'll be enjoying them again tomorrow for lunch. I highly recommend.

Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thanks for the review and kind words. We enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks Jeff and Alona

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Ethiopian dinner tonight. Has been too long since my last visit!! Great experience-every time!!! Tonight was no exception! Alona prepares everything fresh and generous servings. A must stop if you are in the area! Look her up on facebook to see what the international cuisine is for the week or for the regular menu! Don’t forget to bring your own favourite bottle of wine

Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Again thank you for your review with total respect and kindness you bring ever time you dine with us. Glad to call you a friend of us. Jeff and Alona