“you can find pizza, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Machiavelli's

Machiavelli's
Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Livorno, Italy
“you can find pizza, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

we were in bristol for work, we are italian and decide to go at an italian restaurant
after a long, long wait (too long, meanwhile nobody was intrested at our table),we open menu, and we suppose to find italian food.
no at all. you can find pizza (not so bad) huge but expensive ( about 20$ each good for two people), but is the only italian meal in there.

• Visited March 2012

Forest City, North Carolina
“Food is pretty good, service leaves a lot to be desired!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I have eaten at this resturant twice now and I have found the food to be pretty good on both trips. I have eaten both the pasta and the pizza and may go back. The one thing I agree with that another reviewer has said, the service is not all that great and I too have felt to be more of a burden to be there than thankful for my business. My first trip there was also a night when they were having live music and I was turned away at the door because I only wanted to go in and eat but could not do so without paying an additional cover charge. Good Italian in Bristol is very hard to find...this one does when you can't do anything else...

• Visited November 2011
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“Lots of potential, but that was it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

This restaurant has a great location, unique decor, and a potentially good menu, (and I will say that reviews I have seen on other sites were good to great), so maybe we were there on an off night, but here is our experience. We were greeted by a hostess who seemed less than interested that we eat there. She first discouraged us as she said we wouldn't have time to eat before the show. No tables for 4 available. (They don't take reservations for less than parties of 6.) I really wanted to eat there so we were willing to take a gamble on a table. So while we waited, my husband went to the bathroom and saw not one, but TWO tables for 4 open! Another table did open, so we were seated. I ordered the Margherita Pizza, and my husband had the mushroom pasta. We both had salads. My husband's pasta was so overcooked that it was like mush, and we had no extra time to send it back. It was also terribly under seasoned and bland. Not enough salt and no identifiable garlic. Real skimpy on the mushrooms, too. My pizza actually needed salt! I have NEVER salted pizza! It was so covered in fresh tomatoes, literally as close as they could be to each other, and of course the pizza could not cook sufficiently that way and it was a soggy mess. No taste. You could live off the food, but it sure gave no gastronomic pleasure. With a good chef the place could take off.

• Visited November 2011