“Bristol Hints”

Bristol Motor Speedway
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Bristol
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The facility is better than any other I have visited, but they need to update the sound and video.
You can't hear the announcer as well as you can at Talladega or Atlanta. It is very hard to see the results pole and the monitors.

An experience everyone needs.

DO NOT PARK at the Volunteer Mobile Home Park across from the raceway. I have never seen any place so bad and uncaring once they get your money.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We arrived at the track early. Around 1:00. Traffic was not a problem and we parked in a close lot to the gates we were going to enter. Expect to pay $20 to park. There is a lot going on outside the track. Lots of vendors. Booths. Food. Shopping. Everyone we met was super nice. We had tickets in the Kulwicke Terrace and that is a really good option. We had chairback seats which were pretty comfortable for us. Well, the view is amazing. It is a little overwhelming the first time you walk out to see the scope of this huge facility. People are right when they say not a bad seat in the house. Now the bad news. Traffic exiting the parking areas is terrible. The worst I have seen. It took more than an hour to get out of our parking lot. They need to do better at this. Otherwise, Bristol is an awesome experience all race fans should try. Come on, it's Bristol Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The 2013 night race was my fourth visit to Bristol Motor Speedway. I attended with my fiance and his parents, and they totally enjoyed their first time there. We attended all three races, sitting on the front stretch each time. But you can sit anywhere at Bristol and see the entire track (I recommend 8th row and higher). All of the races were action packed! There were plenty of activities and vendors outside of the track...a little something for everyone! Our thanks to Bruton Smith for a great weekend! I also recommend Earhart Campground if you plan on camping at the track (I will be adding a separate review soon). We will definitely be back next year!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

What more can you say about the world's fastest half mile? The last great colosseum? Had a great time visiting this icon of the NASCAR circuit for the Sprint Cup night race. It was everything I thought it would be and more. Can't wait to visit again.

It's Bristol baby! Go Jr!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

GREAT track and great racing action.

My son, my dad and I go to a new track every year and kind of have a Boys Weekend of racing, we pick a new one each year. After the last few years with visits to New Hampshire, Kansas and Texas we were ready to give up on Nascar and pick another sport to do Boys Weekend with, as the racing has lacked any excitement at these 1.5 mile boring tracks. No passing in the top 10 of the field, lack of any bumping going on, etc all lead to dull racing. BUT, Bristol was fun. Ton of lead changes and passing throughout the entire field. The lapped cars that created traffic on the track was a ton of fun to watch the top 10 drivers weave thru, very exciting. Clean track too with ease of access to amenities like food and restrooms.

CON: We parked right across from the track, I mean right across. After the race it took us 1hr and 45min just to leave the parking lot. Then another 45 mins to get to the highway. And that is with a night race that only saw about 70% attendance. You'd think a track owned by Nascar would have better traffic flow, one of the reasons we picked this track. Heck in Kansas it takes 15mins from the time you get in the car until your out of the parking lot and on the highway running smoothly, that's awesome. I'm surprised that Nascar would allow a track with such a nightmare scenario for traffic to have two races a year, that is just unbelievable in my mind. I can see why the stands were so empty. I'd never go back and I'd strongly discourage anyone that does similar track trips like us to avoid this one at all costs. SHAME ON YOU NASCAR, this is why fans are flocking elsewhere.

3  Thank bruce p