“Save your money, sleep in the car”

Hampton Inn Bristol
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed April 5, 2013

For $122 a night, we got a room on the interstate 81 side (we were not made aware when booking) with pleasant truck and traffic umbiance noise all night to lull one to boredom and keep us awake all night. Just as the sweet sleep takes over you can hear the loud toilette flushing in your or the neighbors' room. No fridge. Dirty shower with half empty body wash from previous guest .... Times are tough one can't waste cleaning supplies and a perfectly good half full bottle of body wash. If you're looking for the "southern hospitality", you're better off at the Visitor Center.

• Stayed: April 2013
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the disruptive noises coming from the interstate and if this inconvenienced you in any way. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a typical Hampton inn. Clean with a nice staff. I recently stayed there with my family during a trip on 81. It is very close to the interstate which makes it easy to access but it also has a lot of interstate noise. You are right on top of 81. The noise is bad regardless and if the drapes aren't closed the noise and light is worse. It was OK for a stop over but I wouldn't want to spend an extended stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the interstate as possible but it probably won't help.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is an excellent chain with excellent staff. I would highly recommend it. The Bristol location is especially helpful when dealing with family health issues. It is a convenient location as well. My family has stayed there multiple times, and it is a great place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Hello. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn while you were in the Bristol, Tennessee area. And thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I really appreciate you doing that for us.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything at the hotel was clean and up to the normal Hampton Inn standard. The service staff and breakfast area was what I expect at any other hotel. The big issue was the amount of noise generated from all interstate traffic. I am not sure any other hotel in the area would be better due to the distance from the interstate. I think I will look in another city when traveling in the area next trip.

• Stayed: March 2013
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the interstate noise you experienced during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to soundproof our property. Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stay in lots of Hamptons and this is not a good one. The heater/ac unit in my room was literally covered in dead bugs...flies/ladybugs/stink bugs...30-40 bugs. Completely gross. My co worker had dead bugs in his room too. Lousy location right on I-81 next to a demolition site and not near anything (except the hospital). I will try the Courtyard or Holiday Inn in Bristol Va next time.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank EJG4
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your disappointment in our accommodations when you visited us. Please know that since we became aware of this situation, we have taken steps to ensure that it never happens again. Hope that you will not hold this experience against us and will choose to stay with us again in the future,
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights on a business trip. I'm a HiltonHonors Gold member, but this was not acknowledged at any point during my stay. I had requested a room away from the elevator AND the interstate, as I had read previous reviews about this hotel being close to the road. My first room was close to the interstate, but the heating/air unit was so noisy I couldn't tell. I called downstairs to report and was told by the desk clerk, "Oh, we thought that was fixed. Guess I'll put in another work order." I was given another room. I was not offered an upgrade or anything, as is typical for Gold and Diamond members (and given the fact that the parking lot was practically empty, I would've thought this would be possible). My new room was even CLOSER to the interstate. And the heating/air unit in the new room made noise as well, although not as much as the first. Maybe that is to try to cover the sound of the big trucks traveling all night on the road just outside. Combine that with a mattress that was not up to Hilton property standards (obvious broken springs), and it was a couple of restless nights. The rooms are very dated. They are clean, but desperately need to be updated. The paint was dirty, the carpet nasty, and there were water stains on the ceilings. There were no restaurants or gas stations very close to the hotel, but the desk clerk did give me a list of nearby restaurants (some of which were closed...they roll up the sidewalks very early in Bristol!). I have to travel this way again soon on business, but will definitely choose a different place to stay.

Room Tip: Insist on a room far from the interstate. The bad news is that the other side of the hotel sits acro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hilt0nFan
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your disappointment in our accommodations when you visited us. I know that it is an unpleasant experience to have to settle for less than you want. You can be confident that we follow-up on your concerns so that others are not as disappointed as you were.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a nice Hampton Inn property. My only hesitancy is the ambivalence of the staff and the higher cost than other Hamptons in the area. But it is a clean property, 15 minutes away from Tri-Cities Airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave B

I really appreciate you doing that for us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
0 mi away
Comfort Inn
#4 of 14 in Bristol
8 mi away
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!