“Comfy bed but not a good value”

Hampton Inn Bristol
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bristol
Annandale, Virginia
“Comfy bed but not a good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I pulled in here as I was making a roadtrip. Front desk was pleasant but I was astounded to hear that the room rate, with a AAA card, was $132....and it was not a local "race weekend." Because it was late, I was tired and travelling alone, I chose the "hotel" versus a motel with exterior room doors. The lobby looked nice, but once in the hall to my room, I found a strange smell, sort of like decomposing plastic mixed with old smoke (and my floor was nonsmoking). My room did not smell, but I was surprised--for the price--at how crappy the quality of the furnishings/finishes were. Laminated and chipped bedroom furniture, cigarette burn marks on the sink vanity top and a fibergalss tub that was discolored at the bottom. I love baths but would not have considered bathing in that tub. Bed was comfy but the faux "post-it" style notes affixed to the headboards (telling me that the duvet cover was freshly laundered) startled me when I walked in as for a second I thought I had entered an occupied room.. Free breakfast was okay. This room should have been $80..

Room Tip: Ask to be facing away from the highway (I-81)..or, better yet, head northbound on 81 and go to the c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank julie m
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your disappointment in our accommodations when you visited us. I know that it is an unpleasant experience to have to settle for less than you want. You can be confident that we follow-up on your concerns so that others are not as disappointed as you were.
Again, that you for making the effort to share your thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a smaller Hampton Inn. The nice guy at the front desk tailored directions for us and sent us on our way to a good dinner in town. He was very friendly and prompt. The room was well kept and updated...I can see why it is #1 in Bristol at the time of this review.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad that we could help you get where you were going.
Williamstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This Hampton Inn was nice but what made our stay was the staff there. There was a group of ten of us on the trip and we spent a lot of time in the lobby. The furniture was quite comfortable and the lady at the desk brought all of us bottled water. We didn't even ask for it. She then told us if we needed anything just let her know. Can't beat that!
The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in our room. One thing I thought was odd was that they had a supply of ear plugs by the bed. I realized later that this hotel was a bit noisy. I could hear showers running in other rooms. So I guess the ear plugs could come in handy. All in all it was a nice stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn while you were in the Bristol, Tennessee area. And thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. Please know how much we appreciate your compliments.
Edgewater, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We went on a trip for the month of September and stayed every night in a Hampton Inn. We love Hampton Inns and have always spoke highly of them. I was not impressed with the Hampton Inn at Bristol Tenn. They didn't have a closet. They had a portable closet that was a box with doors on it. The beds were poor, we were up most of the night because the bed was so uncomfortable. They don't have a refrigerator, and the rest room was small. I had to ask for a second door key and was told by the man behind the counter that they only give one out unless the customer ask for another. That was the only hotel that we stayed at that didn't give two keys. He was kind of grouchy. It was the end of the day and maybe he was tired and wanted to go home. The lobby seem to be very dark and uninviting and maybe that made the clerk depressed. We also found that the lady that was suppose to take care of the breakfast area was emptying the trash from the rooms on second floor when she should of been in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Get a different hotel, unless they change the beds and lighted up the place.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a response regarding your most recent stay. We have just recently completed renovations on our "perfect mix lobby" to better serve our guest. It is our goal to meet the needs of our guest and I am sorry that we did not accomplish this for you. Your review will assist us in correcting these issues for future guests.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Noisy road traffic, noisy AC, poor breakfast, newspapers missing as stated in hotel guide, sink did not drain, outdated rooms.We had asked for late arrival guarantee and were given a handicap room, never asked if this was okay and the bed was so small, clearly a one person bed, and a terrible nights sleep for two people, for a quite pricey one night stay of $150. Will look for any alternative the next time I am in Bristol.

Stayed September 2012
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your disappointment in not having the exact type of room you wished when you visited us. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
I know it is important to have a room which meets your specific needs, and I know that it is an unpleasant experience to have to settle for less than you want. You can be confident that we follow-up on your concerns so that others are not as disappointed as you were.
Again, that you for making the effort to share your thoughts.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

After staying in a Hampton Inn in Lebanon, Tenn., earlier in the week and being very impressed with the property, we stopped at the Hampton Inn in Bristol with less favorable results. The property was clean, but the room was outdated and shabby. A post-it note was stuck to a headboard explaining that the linens and duvet were clean -- something I would expect and didn't need to be brought to my attention. It was also difficult to hear the TV over the sound of the air conditioner. This hotel was not typical of a Hilton property and certainly over-priced.

• Stayed September 2012
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn while you were in the Bristol, Tennessee area. And thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay here with us. Please know that we offer several discounts if you should be in our area again. Hope to see you again very soon.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Right off interstate. Older appearing outside. Updated lobby. Nice staff. Horrible beds. Sheets do not stay on mattress. Lots of road noise. Few outlets in room.
Typically enjoy a hampton more than this but appears far better than surrounding alternatives.

• Stayed September 2012
Hope to see you again very soon. Have a nice day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!