“JUST OUTSIDE THE CITY -- MORE LIKE A RESORT THAN A HOTEL”

Hampton Inn Nashville / Brentwood I-65S
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Ontario
“JUST OUTSIDE THE CITY -- MORE LIKE A RESORT THAN A HOTEL”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

First of all, Brentwood is a neighbourhood just south of all the attractions in the city of Nashville -- it never took us more than 20 minutes even in rush hour to commute. Brentwood is very green -- trees and plants and rock everywhere, and no huge highrises. It is a pleasant mix of commerce and residential.
The location of this property is so convenient to the highway -- but there is also Franklin Road that runs parallel -- it takes you north to Nashville or South to a lovely historic town called Franklin. It is very scenic -- you will pass large estates and horse farms, and is a very pleasant drive either way.

This was our first trip to Nashville, and I had researched it relentlessly through TripAdvisor and other sources. Our choice of Hotel depended mainly on good reviews, and one requirement -- an OUTDOOR pool, as it was hot there in the Spring, so I could relax enjoy the sun during any "down time"! We arrived on May 19, and it was one of the only hotels that opened their pool before Memorial Day weekend!

This particular property is off the highway on a little road, in a quiet "pocket" surrounded by rock and trees, and it feels like it is a little "resort" rather than just a hotel. Within walking distance were many stores and restaurants. Compared to other hotels in the area in the same pricerange, this one had the best location as far as ambiance and convenience are concerned! (some of them overlooked the busy highway, and even ugly railyards!)

It was recently renovated and designed to compliment the nature surrounding the property.
Check-in was a breeze -- very friendly and helpful front-desk staff.
Our room was just lovely -- everything brand new and very tasteful -- we did request 2 queen beds, so the room may seem a little small if you had more than two people, but it had plenty of storage space and a very comfortable office chair as well as a small microwave oven and a mini-fridge and a swivelling flat-screen TV.
And the beds...oh the beds and the lovely clean, soft, linens -- as comfortable as our own at home!!! We looked forward each night to being coccooned in such comfort -- the mattresses are very supportive, but soft on top -- perfectly conducive to a good night's sleep.
I love that Hampton Inn & Suites properties have duvets -- the covers are white , so it's obvious they are cleaned all the time! They also are eco-friendly with their paper cups and plates and cutlery being made of biodegradeable material.
As I mentioned, the entire property was very recently renovated -- modern but warm -- the best surprise was the Breakfast Room -- which was on the lower level -- not in the lobby!
One whole wall was windows, so it was always bright and sunny and it was lovely to look out at the trees!
I can't complete this review without mentioning the delightful Breakfast attendent -- a lovely senior gentleman named Don -- he absolutely brightened our every day with amusing anecdotes from his very interesting life. He was so friendly, and he sang to me one morning and even Yodelled for me another day!!!
The complimentary breakfast included lots of cereals, pastries, bagels, yoghurt, fruit salad, juices etc., The hot fair however, was typically uninviting -- the eggs taste fake, the sausage patties are greasy little limp discs, and the gravy for the biscuits was thick and coagulated...
Still complementary is good value especially if you have a whole family to feed!

Adjacent to the Breakfast Room is an area that is open 24 hours -- it has very comfortable padded seating and tables and a TV -- you could go there and play a board game, or read the paper, or do as we did -- get take-out for lunch and enjoy it in comfort! There were lovely restrooms right there, a guest laundry room, and I think the fitness room was there as well, and access to the outdoor pool.

Upstairs, just off the lobby area, is a large alcove housing 2 computers and a printer for guests' use, which came in really handy during our trip for driving directions and restaurant reviews, etc

It really did seem like a little "resort" to us -- most of our plans were going to Nashville to enjoy music in the evenings, though there were a few music-related things we did during the day, but otherwise we were very content to "hang out" at this lovely hotel and rest up!

As I mentioned, there are lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance or a very short drive. One grocery store, Harris Teeter, has an amazing salad bar loaded with veggies and fruit, and a deli counter that has lunch for -- are you ready -- $2.99!!! You get a main item and 2 sides! I had delicious grilled salmon and salads, and my husband enjoyed the tortellini and baked potato -- it was really good quality, and where else could you get a healthy, yummy take-out meal for 3 bucks???
Also, we recommend "Burger Up" -- there is one in Nashville, but we went to the one in a little plaza in nearby Cool Springs -- indeed it was the best burger we've ever had, (organic meat) and they had interesting gourmet fries and their own homemade ketchup!
Our first meal in Brentwood was at Brick -- in a plaza near the hotel -- they had wood-fired pizzas, salads, etc. in a cozy atmosphere. It would be a good "date" place.
If you like fine dining, try the Cork & Cow in Franklin -- though it is expensive, they have a very interesting and innovative menu, and the portions are very large -- And we FINALLY had a good cup of coffee -- beans from a local roaster, ground on the spot and served in a french press. This is a real treat, as finding a good cup of coffee in Nashville was prooving impossible!
...but they do have great iced tea!

All in all, I would highly recommend this special little hotel for a relaxing vacation or for a business trip.

Room Tip: The ice machines were uncommonly loud -- I wouldn't want to have a room close to one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HIBrentwood, General Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville / Brentwood I-65S, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We appreciate your feedback of not only the hotel but your entire experience while staying with us. We like to think that we are not just your ordinary Hampton Inn and create more of an experience and not just somewhere to drop your bags. Don does a wonderful job for us in the Breakfast area. He has been a part of our hotel for 13 years and has become a staple for our location. I agree that we are right in the middle of things. A quick drive to either Franklin or Nashville and I am happy to hear you experienced both. We hope to see you on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ofallon
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I would recomend this hotel not only for the fiendly staff but also for easy access to anywhere you need to go while visiting Nashville. They have recently remodeled the hotel and the rooms look great as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and efficient, and the hotel is centrally located for just about anything you want to do in Nashville. Nice pool, good breakfast, good security. I would take my family there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the second Hampton Inn my wife and I have stayed at...and we couldn't be more pleased. Soft beds, free Internet and breakfast. The only thing that would have made the stay better was if they offered more of a variety of television channels...other than that this is a great chain to choose for your hotel needs.

Detroit, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I came to see my nephew graduate from college. I truely enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn. I did'nt realize how nice they were. As a Hilton Grand Vacation Club member, I will be using my Hilton Honor

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dothan, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Housekeeping left our door unlocked and open all day! We left our things in the room early in the morning and returned late that evening to find our door unlocked and open. Apparently, it had been that way since housekeeping cleaned and left the room. When I complained to the desk manager, she apologized, but nothing else was offered. Also, there was a young girls soccer team staying there. While their parents sat in the basement and drank adult drinks, they kiddos ran loudly up and down the halls and elevators playing hide and seek (I know this because they told me.) Nothing was done after several complaints from other guests and me. Overall, not a good stay. We are diamond members, and did not receive they welcome snack/drink, or the newspapers in the morning. It was ignored.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I would like to say that the front desk staff were extremely friendly!!! They did a great job renovating this hotel!!!! It was done in a very attractive way!!! Also, the room was extremely clean!!!! The problem was the breakfast! One person could not take care of cooking food, replacing food, and cleaning the dining area!!!! The oatmeal that I love at Hilton was like wallpaper paste...threw it away!!! I was so disappointed!!! We had to wait for waffle batter and then my waffle got cold waiting to get butter. We had to clean the table ourselves with a napkin because of no clean tables and no one to be seen. I could go on and on, but you get the picture!!! I would have given it an excellent rating had it not been for the breakfast!!!