“Too much noise”

Hampton Inn Nashville / Brentwood I-65S
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed November 6, 2007

The 2 nights we were there 4 (FOUR) soccer teams were staying there and they spent more time in the halls than in their rooms making all kinds of noise. The hotel management should definitely lay down ground rules for such groups.

Over 100 of them were trying to eat the continental breakfast all at the same time. We had to go out for breakfast. They should serve such groups in shifts and in a different meeting room so that guests paying expensive room rates could have access to all amenities including the breakfast.

The hotel has a train that runs all hours on one side of the hotel. And, on the other side is I-65 traffic. The best way to deal with this is to just turn the air conditioner on all night to drown out the noise.

My advice to anyone considering a stay at this hotel is to call ahead and find out what groups will be staying there at the same time.

The hotel management should have more consideration for regular adult guests who stay there all the time and rules for children who apparently have not been taught how to conduct them in a hotel where people might be trying to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sheilaj

Reviewed November 2, 2007

While visiting my Vanderbilt student I had the bad experience of staying at this motel. It was clean, the breakfast was decent and the location convenient. However, it was the noisiest hotel/motel I've ever stayed in and I am 57 years old. It is right beside the main line of the railroad into Nashville. I could take the train noise but the noise level from the hall traffic and other rooms made a good night's sleep impossible. Normal conversation in the hall sounded as if it was right in the room. This is not a motel to stay at if you are trying to get a good night's rest.

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank 3ptshooter
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My friend and I were in Nashville on business then planned a weekend in the Brentwood/Franklin area. We reserved a room at this hotel a couple of days before arriving. When we arrived, the front desk clerks were very nice and friendly. Our room was wonderful and spacious. The bathrooms are a little on the small side, but the space in the rest of the room made up for it. The bed faced the window which was very nice and made the room seem light and airy. We ate breakfast both mornings at the hotel and found the continental breakfast to be very nice...not a lot of choices, but the choices available were fresh and tasty. The area was very clean and the attendants kept the food stocked. The neighborhood around the hotel is also very nice. We were very pleased with our choice and will absolutely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2007

My husband and I happened upon this hotel during a cross country driving trip. We were cheerfully greeted by an unusually happy front desk clerk at three in the morning who gave us a fair rate on a NS room w/ a king size bed. The room was clean and, minus a small amount of mold in the ceiling of our bathroom, adequate. Every person we encountered from the staff was helpful, pleasant and polite. Overall a positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mamie222
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I stay at this hotel about once a month and the staff is great, services are exactly what you'd need as a business traveler. They have all the basics: small workout room, clean, quiet rooms, expanded continental breakfast and free wireless througout. Staff frequently allows us to check in as early as 10 a.m. at no extra charge if there are rooms available. Location is convenient to a large buisness park in Brentwood.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank yorkistrose
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 8, 2006

We just stayed at this hotel a few days ago and for just over $60 (walk in special rate) it is an excellent property. Rooms were clean with the furniture looking pretty nice, property was well kept and clean, good amenities including free computer access in the lobby as well as a pool (outside, so it was closed for the winter). Employees were nice and friendly and guided us to some good restaurants in the area. Hotel itself is very convenient to all of Nashville and right off I-65 in a nice area. Good breakfast in the morning as well. Overall, nothing too fancy but a great hotel for any reason (one night or a several night stay) and if you stay at Hamptons a lot it won't dissapoint. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2006