“Nice Rooms - Bad Service”

Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Hamilton, Canada
“Nice Rooms - Bad Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed there in Oct. 2013 for two nights - Sat & Sun. Room is great suite...showers are painted over old tile, which are peeling and moldy under the soap tray. Otherwise rooms looks great. Service is really bad. Went to breakfast buffet, had to get by own orange juice, water, and drink refills. When we were finished, the waiter finally came over twice asking if we needed anything. He said he got to talking to a customer about his trip to Greece....and didn't make it over to us in the 30 minutes we were there. No parking on Saturday night due to a party. On Sunday I guess they cleaned every turned over room before existing stays, since I had to call down at 6pm and ask them to service our room. They said they'd bring us some towels. (We were gone since 11:30.) I said I needed four...they brought three. I called down and said I wanted my room serviced and I needed four towels...they serviced but still left three. Frustrating! Explains why when we checked in I found someone's old wash cloth in the shower...ugh. Nasty and bad service.

• Stayed October 2013
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear travel4familynj,
Thank you for the review and sharing your experience here. You are correct our bath tiles were painted over and we are currently in the process of selecting a replacement tile and planning when to replace all of them. I apologize for the appearance. I apologize your restaurant experience was not up to our normal standards and you had to get your own refills from the beverage station on the buffet. It is a common misconception that we dont have enough parking on weekend nights. The parking lot in front of the hotel is always the first to fill up but there are 3 other entrances around the back of the hotel that offer plenty of convenient parking to the hotel. We have added signs to help direct people around to them. I am sorry your room did not get cleaned until late on Sunday. We are happy to honor any request for a specific time to clean a room but on days where we clean every room we do work until 6pm cleaning rooms and yours must have been one of the last. I apologize for the miscommunication on our part regarding your towel quantities and the old wash cloth left in your room. That is completely unacceptable and very unusual for us.I will be sure to share your feedback with my staff. I do apologize and hope you give us a chance to give you a better experience on a future stay.

Tom Rybak, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I am grateful for the friendly, caring, excellent service provided by all employees. The lobby experience is fabulous! The suite was roomy, immaculate, beautifully decorated. The location, nestled in the hills of Brentwood, is pleasing and very convenient to every shopping and restaurant need as well as to the interstate. Thank you!

Orange, Virginia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel is well maintained as are the rooms. The window in the bedroom opens which is a real plus for me. Rooms are immaculate and set up for working in the room or just kicking back. Watch as they just may have a special rate that will save you some bucks. Front desk ever so willing to serve however they can.

Room Tip: Watch carefully for Church St. It's tough to find off Franklin road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for a week-end with specific, but not out of the ordinary requests. The reservations were made well in advance that I was assured it should not be a problem. I had requested 1 corner room, one other room as a handicapped room with an adjoining room. None of our requests were met and unfortunately I was the last one to arrive so everyone was already settled in their rooms and we just "made do."
Would have expected our requests to be delivered and they weren't....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Cindy 89,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your weekend stay with us. I apologize we could not accommodate any of your requests. I assure you we try really hard to meet room location requests as best we can. In reading your comments I can see why we could not meet some of them based on the rooms you reserved. We don't really have "corner" rooms with the exception of our three executive suites that are kind of on a corner. None of our other rooms are on any kind of corner in the building. Also, none of our handicap rooms have an adjoining room. So this, unfortunately, is a situation where we physically could not meet any of your requests. I apologize that you were lead astray when you made the reservation. I am not sure if you made them online or with the 800 number, but I do apologize we could not meet the request. Thanks again for the feedback.

General Manger
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Traveling with a 2 year old is never easy, but this hotel had plenty of inside area to run around and not bother other guests. The breakfast was a good value and the coffee was free. The covered lounge was very large and light-filled and filled with plants.

Livona, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My mom and I had a nice stay here in September 2013. The hotel itself is very nice, in a good location. They were able to accommodate our request for a wing room for the quiet, but not first floor since my mother has mobility problems. When mentioned to front desk staff, he put a special mention on our room that in case of emergency, 2 staff members would assist us. The bathroom needs some updating (the shower/tub), but was spotlessly clean, as was the entire room. Breakfast buffet is overpriced at $13.95, but other breakfast items are reasonable. They definitely need more staff to work breakfast, and more menus. Be sure to look over the menu in the room since they don't seem to have enough menus for the breakfast crowd. Both Saturday and Sunday night dinner we almost had the place to ourselves. Having the suite was definitely nice since my mother goes to bed before me, and I could sit and watch tv without bothering her. Beware of the high tax rate in this location. State tax of 9.25%, county tax of 4.25% and city tax of 4.25%. Seems a little excessive to me, though the hotel has no control over that, just something to be aware of. Overall a very good stay, and would definitely stay here again.

Dear Kim H.,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the feedback regarding the restaurant menus and the bathroom in your suite. We can definitely fix those items. I appreciate your feedback on the taxes here. The Nashville area in general does have some high hotel taxes. Our county's, as you laid out, total 17.25%. Downtown Nashville has about the same so there is little difference in the overall Nashville area. I wish there was something we could do about that but there is little we can do. We hope to see you back soon,

Parkland, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I always stay at this hotel when I am in Nashville. The service is great from the front desk to the restaurant to the bar and housekeeping. Love the space I have in my room and the best part is the desk is not smack in front of the air conditioner which I always find annoying when I'm trying to work. The bathroom is huge so the mirror does not always fog up. The breakfast buffet has a great selection and the exercise room has a good variety of equipment. Although the pool/spa look inviting I did not have time to enjoy. There even is a pool table but I did not have anyone to play with. I definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kathy J,
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the suite layout and all of the staff you came into contact with. We are very proud of our team and our facility. Thanks and we hope you come back soon!