“Pretty Good Place”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Pretty Good Place”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a good place for families especially because you get a well-priced 2 room suite with a mini kitchen (microwave, fridge, sink). The suites have nice furniture and the decorating is fresh but the low wattage flourescent light bulbs lend a dim and dingy cast, even in the afternoon sun with the drapes open on large windows. The hotel is set up a hill unto itself so you will definitely use your car to go to out to dinner. There are lots of local and chain restaurants close by, not to mention Brentwood mall and strip shopping. Also just 9 miles from the charming shops and cafes in Franklin, and no worse than from Nashville for beautiful drives to sites like Belle Meade, Carnton, and Cheekwood. Not many people seem to eat in the restaurant, but it is not that expensive for a hotel and can be counted on for something pretty good if you want to stay in. The indoor swimming pool area is sparkling clean with a 5 foot deep end and water temperature perfect. Not cold, thank goodness. The staff is quite nice and the place is well run and popular. Lots of sports teams and wedding groups. If you are meeting up with people, the atrium has plenty of separate conversation groupings. For the price, this hotel has a lot to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for full length windows.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
New York City
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Hotel is about a 15 minute drive from the airport.

Very comfortable large suites that don’t feel overcrowded with furniture like some Suite Hotels. Convenient location near to freeway entrance and in somewhat commercial section of town.

Two in room televisions, extra-large bathroom and fridge, coffee maker, microwave. Would be a very comfortable room for a long visit.

Hotel has swimming pool and fitness center and offers a fairly extensive breakfast buffet.

Check in was the most efficient and friendly I have experienced in a very long time no matter what class of hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My boys both were playing in a soccer tournament in Brentwood on Mother's Day weekend and our team had us booked into this hotel. It's a very nice complex with a large central community area so the kids are easy to keep track of without having to be under our feet the whole time. They had good offerings for food and of course the wife and I hit the bar. I will definitely stay here again with the family.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel is nice upon entry and the young man checking me in was very friendly. The room on the other hand is old. Relatively clean, but it is hard to make old feel clean. Our room smelled awful, an animal, mold, urine mix. I went to the front desk and told them our room smelled and asked if they allowed pets on the property, because our room smelled like a dog, I try to avoid hotels that allow pets. I was told no, they did not allow pets. We were already settled with our luggage in the room so I didn't push it to ask for another room. They should have offered though. Through the night I wish I would have because the smell was awful. We ordered room service for breakfast and it took forever to get there and it was cold. It would have been good if warm. We wanted to get on the road and out of that room, so we didn't say anything. Bottom line, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear UPTravelinFam,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologized for the smell you encountered in your room and assure you I will have the room inspected thoroughly and corrected. We do not accept pets other than service animals so I am not sure what the odor could have been. Again, I do apologize and hope you give us another chance if your travels bring you this way.

General Manger
Frederick, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The amenities at this hotel were nice. I usually stay at the Hyatt but they had construction going on. The location was convenient to everything that I was interested in. Breakfast offered a lot of options, even though it wasn't included in the room fee. The suite setup allowed one person to be up early and another person to sleep, which worked out well since my college-age daughter was with me. I think I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Cynthia W,
Thank you for the review of your stay at our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the large suites with separate bathroom area. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast as well and hope we see you back soon.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The atrium area was perfect for me and my wife to talk and relax on our small getaway. The suite was very spacious and very clean. Breakfast was very good but a bit pricey. The staff was very nice and not because it was there job to. Jasmine was very nice. She gave my wife some good places to shop. James, the night manager was very polite and remembered our names hours after check-in! Timothy, the overnight manager was very professional, nice and attentive and printed us directions to Centennial Park. All in all this hotel was wonderful. The lack of shower pressure was a bit annoying but now I'm being picky. :) Although me and the wife preferred to stay closer to downtown, we will stay here every time we visit the Nashville area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Josh J,
I am so glad we provided such a great setting for your getaway with your wife. We hear that a lot about the atrium and lobby areas that offer so many conversation areas. Our breakfast buffet is $13.95 but we do offer more affordable options on the menu itself. The buffet does have a lot to offer including cooked to order items, but I do understand that sometimes guest are looking for even cheaper options. I am so glad my staff took such good care of you. You mentioned three of our stars here and we are so fortunate to have them on staff. I was sorry to hear about an issue with water pressure. I will be sure to pass that on to my engineering team to make sure everything is working as it should. I dont know that I have ever heard that issue before. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you next time.

St. Louis, Mo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My family had two suites at this property last weekend. When we pulled up under the overhang, there were several cars (one limo) blocking all sides under the overhang and not a staff person in sight. It was raining and I have a handicapped son. I had asked this hotel prior if they had bell-service and was told they did. But there was no one in sight whatsoever.I had to call Onstar and ask them to call the hotel to get someone out to help us. First of all, they should not allow limos to park out there unattended. Finally a bellman came just as the other cars/limos pulled away. When we finally got inside I asked if we could do in-room check-in as my son had really had it and they didn't really answer me but tried to get it done quickly but - not so much. When we arrived in the first room, the carpet in the bathroom was not installed properly, where it met the closet door was all ruffled and shredded. My room was a bit better. Back to the Lobby: If you're okay with a lobby that smells like the indoor pool with wet kids running around screaming, then maybe you'd be okay with this place. But also, the carpet was strewn with bits of paper or something and the elevator - oh my goodness - the carpet was filthy with bits of stuff all over. I tried to tell myself maybe they were in the middle of a very busy weekend and they would vacuum over night and in the morning the elevator and lobby would feel more clean. Well, NO SUCH LUCK. The carpets were just as dirty in the morning. This is unacceptable on so many levels. Even if (theoretically) they were to offer me a free night - I'd say 'No Thanks'

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear gogirl51,
Thank you for the review of our hotel on your weekend stay. I am so sorry you were disappointed with your experience here. Yes it was a very busy weekend with the Country Music Marathon in town and a sold out hotel. It was very busy check-in through out the day and the rain did not help. I am sorry the front entrance was so busy when you arrived. Again, I am sure the rain had a lot to do with the number of people looking for cover to unload their cars. Unfortunately we do not have the capability to do in-room checkin so I was glad to hear the front desk tried to accommodate you with as fast a check-in process as possible at such a busy time. I apologize for the carpet condition in your first room. There were a lot of kids that weekend as we had weddings, and sports teams that weekend in addition to the Marathon runners. We had people leaving the hotel as early as 4 and 5 am for the races and events so I know the lobby was constantly busy and difficult to keep as clean as we like. I assure you that your experience was not the norm here and I do apologize it was not up to your expectations. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future on a less hectic weekend.