“Comfy Stay”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Comfy Stay”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room was light, airy and comfortable and the staff was courteous and friendly. Although I prefer the Embassy Suites in Cool Springs (partially because of better amenities), they were booked and this was my #2 choice. The thing I liked the least about the hotel was that it was somewhat difficult to get to from I-65. Would stay there again, though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Cruiser9901,
Thank you for your review of our hotel on your last visit. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and that we are on your short list of hotels in the area. The Embassy is a great hotel with great amenities too. Our hotel can be a little difficult to get to as you have to make a few turns off the interstate exit to find us. Thank goodness for GPS these days! Our front desk is well versed in giving directions as well. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in town.

Tom Rybak, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Monterey, California, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The very friendly staff made us feel most welcome from the moment we arrived after a long trip from California. The lobby was beautiful and inviting. Many times when I see a lobby as attractive as this, the room itself does not live up to its promise, as if they had spent all the money on the lobby. I'm happy to report this is not the case here. The room we were in (King Suite) was spacious, clean, very comfortable and attractive. I really can't think of anything negative to say about this property. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and spent a good part of my life in the hospitality business myself (as a hotel GM) and can say without hesitation that this is one property that really does it right!

Dear Jacob P,
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled you so fully enjoyed your stay and the staff here at the hotel. We truly hope your travels bring you back this way and you stay with us again. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Skiatook, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The front desk employee who greeted us, Jasmine, was great! She was professional and very nice. The hotel is an older Hilton property that is over-priced. The room was clean and quiet, but the property is older and you can tell that they have tried to update/modify the room with only minor success. We found it interesting that the bathroom sink was placed at the far left side of a very long counter top, and when you looked into the mirror your face was basically cut in half because the mirror didn't cover the entire wall. An odd remodel outcome. The Hilton chain has failed with their new, square pillows. They are very flat and uncomfortable. For the price one would expect this property to be in the heart of the Nashville tourist scene, and close to many attractions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear E R,
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that one of our staff members was professional and friendly toward you. Our main priority is for our guests to have a welcoming stay. I was however disappointed to read from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated. In addition, I sincerely apologize that you were unsatisfied with some of our charges and that you found our prices to be too expensive. I know we will never be the cheapest hotel in the area but I believe we offer a good value at our property with first class service. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was very excited to take my daughter and one of her friends to this hotel for an overnight, girl's getaway. From the pictures the place looked lovely, and walking in to the lobby did not disappoint. Everything went smoothly and we went straight to the room so the girls could change and head to the pool. There were some loud children at the pool and they liked to splash, but that was not a problem for me. Once we got back into the room, I noticed that there was an extremely loud motor that would kick off and on. By morning, after this happened ALL night, I discovered that it was the refrigerator. The shower had terrible water pressure and left a watery mess all over the floor of the bathroom (it was a handicap accessible room as that was the only room left). The linens for the pull out sofa were in terrible need of replacing. I was awoken by music from the atrium earlier than I wanted to be up. The desk in the room was not clean. The list actually goes on and on, but that seems to be the highlights...or low lights as it were. I would have expected this at some hotels, but if you are going to pay for quality, you should receive quality. I left a message for the general manager, but I have had no response. I did receive a $10 restaurant card and $20 off my bill, but with a $200 bill, that was more of an insult than a help. I would rate this as the absolute worst overnight experience as far as my memory serves.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Momof2girls9598,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. As I said in my email I apologize I did not contact you sooner but the note you left had no name, room number or contact information and I did not know who it was from. I apologize for your experience and let me address some of the items you raised. The mini fridge in the room is being inspected to see if the compressor is abnormally loud. I have not heard of low water pressure complaints before so we are looking into that as well. The handicap room you were in does have a unique shower with wheelchair access so it is possible that is how the water more easily escaped to the bathroom floor. I apologize about the condition of the linens for the pull out sofa. I hope we replaced those for your quickly when you called down. Their is a speaker right outside of your room for the music system so I can see how you could hear that in the living room early in the morning. I am sorry about that coming on around 8am and waking you up. Again, as I said in my email earlier this week I would love to have you back to the hotel and I will personally make sure you have a better experience at a great rate! I do hope you take me up on the offer.

Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As is always the case with the Brentwood Hilton, the rooms are very well kept, the amenities are excellent, the breakfast outstanding. Yet, with this said, the staff such as Stacy and Emily still outshines the wonderful hotel with their excellent service, friendly banter and humor, and very concerning service. I and my family love seeing these people on every visit.

Room Tip: My experience has been that all rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear William H,
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff, particularly Stacy and Emily. They are definitely two of our stars at the front desk. Thank you so much for recognizing them and their efforts. We hope you come back soon and see us!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The good: my room was spacious and clean. That is important. The not so good: very pricy for the low level of amenities. These days, breakfast should be included and the wireless is so slow it may as well not exist. Also, i witnessed the security guard/officer being belligerent to other guests. Unacceptable

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Jazzy6991,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the large suites and our level of cleanliness. I am guessing you stayed this past weekend and the rates were rather high due to the SEC Mens Basketball Tournament in town. Rates were quite a bit higher due to the large demand. I am sorry we do not offer complimentary breakfast to all of our guests. We do that for our Gold and Diamond Hhonors guests only. There are several smaller limited service hotels in the area that do offer a complimentary breakfast. I heard about the incident between a police officer and a guest and from what I understand the guest did not want to follow a hotel policy. We use local police officers on very busy weekends to help provide security and safety to all of our guests and they are always very professional and hospitable to our guests.

Thanks again and we hope we get to see you back soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Roomy and pretty but staff is hohum. The worst is that they are hooked up to Action. Limo which they call instead of a taxi. Be sure and ask for a metered cab. Rooms are noisy and expensive. I asked the desk clerk for a rubber band and she handed me an envelope! Huh?!

• Stayed March 2013
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Patty L,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit to our hotel. I am sorry you seem to have had a less than exceptional experience. Please contact me if you would like to share any details of your experience. I wish I knew what happened with the transportation company you used. We have access to several services including metered cabs although there are fewer of those in the Brentwood area. Our staff can make arragements with any of them on your behalf. I am sorry you felt your room was noisy and expensive. Without knowing the details of where your room was or what was causing the noise I cannot offer much more than an apology. We will not be the cheapest hotel in the Brentwood area either normally, which is due to the offerings we have that include the suites, restaurant and bar, and indoor pool to name a few. Thanks again and please feel free to contact me with any details.