“family atmosphere - excellent hotel for the price and fairly central”

Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
“family atmosphere - excellent hotel for the price and fairly central”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I Really liked hotel and front desk personnel, helpful and friendly (all shifts). They helped us plan new years eve and breakfast and dinner spots, jogging trails, etc. giving the feeling of a 5 star hotel conierge. The hotel was homey (home away from home) and clean. Nice warm fireplace, good quality fresh coffee at front, Rooms are big, the hotel looks and smells clean. Lots of families; pool and jacuzzi is nice. Gym room is pretty basic though. It would have been nice if they had "in-room" safe deposit boxes but we were okay using front desk safe deposit box.

Lot of freeway travelling to and from hotel. Be extra-careful and alert on freeways as some Nashvillians drive fast and recklessly and come out of no-where.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fjbsnr1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Arrived in the evening, this place would have been a little hard to find I think without the aid of GPS. The setting is not typical, it has a residential feel but there are other hotels around. The hotel kind of sits up on a hill. I didn't see any stores really close by, so be prepared if you think there is something you may need. Parking is free, as well as wi-fi which did an excellent job in my room on the 4th floor. Check-in was really quick and staff was friendly. The inside is very pretty with a fountain, glass elevators, etc. The room felt huge, especially the bathroom. Due to bad experiences with other places in the past, I checked everything throughly. I did not find one thing wrong: no hairs, bugs, stained towels, etc. There were two large tv's, microwave, mini fridge. Our room had a balcony as well, although I don't think they all do. I didn't hear any traffic, or people in other rooms. It felt very secluded and cozy. They have a restaurant, indoor pool, and room service but I didn't have a chance to try those out. Check out was super quick, I would definitely recommend this place!!

Room Tip: Request a balcony room if you prefer one
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear teacherteacher KY,
Thank you for the kind review of your experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and the surroundings of our hotel. We take great pride in our service and cleanliness record. You are correct a GPS is helpful finding us as we are visible from the interstate but there are a couple of turns to get to us. For those future guests looking for a baclcony with their room, you need to book a room with two double beds and request any floor but the 1st floor. None of our King bedded rooms have balconies. Thanks again, and have a great day!!

Tom Rybak, CHA
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed for the Music City Bowl and the room size and cleanliness was great. The price was fair. We were very well pleased with the overall accomodations. The breakfast was average at best and overpriced. The least appealing part of our stay was the "back" parking lot. There is not adequate parking in the front lots and the "back" lot was not marked well and difficult to locate. It is desolete and dimly lighted. I would not allow my wife to park there alone at night. But again, good overall stay and would recommend this property.

1 Thank NoMoreHolidayInn
Olive Branch, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stay here frequently for business and recently stayed for a Titans game with my family. I have always liked this hotel, friendly staff, great spacious rooms and nice location in Brentwood but very close drive to everything in Nashville. Kids used the pool and we used the restuarant for breakfast, both were very good. Rooms were remodeled a couple of years ago and are very nice. Spacious is the word. I especially like the large bathroom, largest of any hotel I have stayed. I have stayed in this hotel at least 10 times and have never been dissappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tdiddyclan
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visting family in the Brentwood area. The bath, sitting room with a sink, and the bedroom were all very nice. We especially enjoyed the oversized and soft towels. The atrium reminded us of an Embassy Suites hotel but the rooms at this hotel were larger. We were able to book a special rate which increased the value to us. If they had included a breakfast, as so many hotels are now offering, it would have gotten a 5 star from us.

Washington DC area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We recently stayed for two nights at the Hilton Suites while visiting relatives in the area. We were very pleased with our overall stay and with the spacious rooms and layout. We had a small kitchen area with frige, sink and microwave, so were able to have breakfast in our room and at our leisure. The lobby area is lovely and was beautifully decorated for the holidays. All of the amenties were available - nice pool area, business center and comfortable lounge areas. The rooms were nicely updated, very clean and so comfortable. This is our second stay there and we would definitely recommend the Hilton Suites to others traveling in the area. You will not regret it.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

When I first saw this hotel on the website, I thought it was a dream come true. It was also booked, so I thought other people loved it too. I wanted to stay at this hotel so much that I actually used hhonors points (the only way I could get in). When I first saw the hotel, it was a little strange looking colorwise. But I still kept my hopes up. Well, then I realized it wasn't going to be as great as I thought it would be. Check in was great, though. Our rooms (standard) were a little dark, but the bathrooms were huge. There was a large flat screen tv in the living room and in the bedroom. The rooms were nice, but nothing special. One of the bad things about this hotel is that there is no free breakfast. The pool and the excersise room weren't anything special, and I don't think it's a very good business hotel. Overall this hotel is ok. I would highly recommend you stay somewhere else. Obviously, the Hilton Suites Brentwood is really good at making their hotel look like more than it really is.

Room Tip: You'd probably want a room far away from the highway, because you can hear it pretty well if you...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear birdboy67,
Thank you for staying with us here at the Hilton Suites Brentwood. I am sorry you did not care for the color of the exterior of the hotel. Honestly you are the first guest to ever say that to me. You should have seen it a few years ago when it was white with a blue stripe. We painted it as part of our renovation a few years ago.
You are correct we do not offer a free breakfast with your room. However, since you are a Hilton Hhonors member, once you reach Gold or Diamond status you will receive a complimentary breakfast in our restaurant each day of your stay as one of your benefits.
I would differ with your comment about us not being a good business hotel. We offer a complimentary business center, free high-speed wireless internet throughout the building, a complimentary shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel, meeting space with in-house catering, a full restaurant and bar, and lots of free parking. I am sure our numerous corporate accounts would disagree with you as well. I am not sure what your comment was based on but if you would like to contact me I would be happy to hear your observations and see if there is anything I can correct. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. Thanks again for your feedback. Have a great day!

Tom Rybak