“"Mother Bubbles"”
Review of Mere Bulles

Mere Bulles
Reserve with OpenTable
Mere Bulles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 148 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Park Dr
Reviewed January 23, 2013

For those of you that know your French, you know what Mere Bulles means. But don't worry this is not a French restaurant, you'll have to ask about the story of the name. It will enhance your evening.

Start with the She Crab Soup. I'm from the Chesapeake Bay area and this soup is a good a crab soup as you'll find anywhere.

The menu is mainly modern southern with the likes of Shrimp & Grits served in a gourmet style. As ofter as I've dined there have never had a bad meal. I've also attended banquet settings and they've not missed a beat serving a large group.

It's also a cool place to grab a martini after work.

Oh, I almost forgot...the building has a historic significance that has a lot to do with the history of horse racing in Tennessee.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant comes close to the ideal of a cozy, gracious, and hospitable setting and service with a top notch menu to boot.

As my host said, you can sit here for a couple a hours and no one is pestering you to leave. Our server was solicitous, allowing us to linger over our opening beverages until we ready to order. The varied courses came promptly but not hurriedly. The preparation was idiosyncratic to the restaurant, guaranteeing a new culinary experience yet with a clear description by the server which removed any fear of placing yourself at the mercy of an overly inventive chef.

Interestingly -- and unusually, while the establishment appears to have a quality alcohol service available (in fact, also a separate bar area), our own alcohol free table never felt pressured into availing ourselves of it.

I'd love to return to the area, enjoy the ambience yet again, and have the chance to sample another of their somewhat limited but marvelously varied offerings.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't get the big deal for the price. Its where the yuppies eat to see each other. Decent food, but I'd rather have Outback.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Other reviewers have detailed the place well. Good food and nice atmosphere and service to boot. The main course menu seemed small but maybe this changes frequently and the specials were good
Their appetizers were good and their version of Bruschetta was fantastic
The deserts were great and the warm carrot cake a pleasant take on a classic. Others enjoyed variations on Creme Brûlée
In summary. You will not be disappointed

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have eaten at Mere Bulles many times for lunch with friends from work and have always said it was my favorite place to eat -that is until this past sunday. After church, my husband & I went for brunch. As I was getting my food, an 8 year old chlld dropped an entire bowl of She Crab Soup on the floor which then splatterd all over my pants and both of my leather shoes. Of course I made light of it because I didn't want to embarress the child, but my legs and shoes were COVERED from the knees down. There was not a napkin on her plate to keep the bowl from slipping off, nor was there one on mine when I went back for a bowl. The staff seemed to be more concerned with the floor than me, and the parents of the child nor any staff offered to pay for my cleaning, lunch or anything else. When we got home and & realized my shoes were probably runied,I called to talk to the manager, I was told I could bring my cleaning bill by, and they would give me $10. $10 ????( drive my cleaning bill 20 miles to get $10??????) Then to add insult to injury, they said I had used a $25.00 gift certificate, so I really didn't have to pay for my lunch anyway???? ( 2 brunches at $19.99 + tax and tip was $25.00??????) I was surprised at the parents of the child , but I'm TOTALLY surprised & hurt at the attitude of the manager . TOTALLY!!!

Been to Mere Bulles? Share your experiences!