“Southern Elegance”
Review of Mere Bulles

Mere Bulles
Reserve with OpenTable
Mere Bulles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cross street: West Park Dr
Pittsburgh
“Southern Elegance”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This restaurant is top notch from beginning to end - from the host who greeted us, to the very knowledgeable servers, to manager person who stopped to check on us. The atmosphere is southern genteel. The food is excellent. Our main server said she had tried all of the dishes and could answer any questions, which she did very ably. She crab soup was outstanding. I had a sea bass in phyllo dough, over a tomato beurre blanc. The sauce had tomatoes and artichokes. the chef has a prudent hand with seasonings and it was excellent. The menu also has some very interesting looking beef and lamb dishes that I would love to try. If you're in the area, and want a fine meal, this is the place!

• Visited July 2012

Shellharbour, Australia
“Clam Chowder us delicious”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went with a group if 9 people. The service was fantastic. They have a great menu and the prices are very reasonable. It is a beautiful building for a restaurant. My meal was nice. I had the special that say, just can't recall what the dish was :). All of our hosts had been to the place a few times and thought we would live the mix of contemporary and Southern options. They were right! We all enjoyed the atmosphere and all commented that it was the best meal they had eaten since arriving in Nashville the previous week. Great value.

Nashville
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was my first time at Mere Bulles in Brentwood and I never got to try it when it was downtown. Therefore with a virgin experience it was a good one. It is located in a business area of Brentwood in a historic home. The home/building is quite charming. Being that it was 101 degrees today, I didn't take the time to tour the property or enjoy their outdoor seating. Their brunch offers everything as stated on their website; a good variety of breakfast and lunch offerings. I didn't eat anything before going as I wanted to be sure to get my $20 worth as I don't normally do buffets for this reason. I don't appreciate that the manager got a little hasty with me when I inquired about jazz, as Mere Bulles was formally known for playing jazz-they now only do it for New Year's. I guess he realized he was rude and tried to make up by having a little small talk with me. In comparing Mere Bulles to my favorite brunch spot, Two Rivers Grille (includes all beverages for $14, but not as much in the food options) I would say it would be a tie due to the quality of food and service. If you're in town for the weekend I would definitely experience Mere Bulles. If you're going to be here longer or are a permanent resident I would say try both and decide as they're both worth it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SpiritofExcellence
Nashville, Tennessee
“The Big Letdown”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I had an evening as empty nesters, so we decided to head down to Mere Bulles for a drink and some appetizers. We wandered in at 9:25 on a Friday night. The bartender asked us what we wanted to drink, then told us he wouldn't serve us because they were closing, with no concern to accommodate us from management either. We felt betrayed, certainly not the type of Southern hospitality we expected from such an establishment.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank fiddleboy
New Orleans
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Service and what we ate, soup,crab and corn bisq,philo dough red fish and shrimp and grits, was to die for...We will be back

Visited June 2012