“What happened?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Thompsons Station, TN
“What happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Usually, Outback Steakhouse can be counted on for fast service and consistently great food but not last week when we visited to celebrate our grandson's birthday. The steak I had was more gristle than steak....actually could not eat it. In fairness, my daughter's fish with crabmeat stuffing was good but just good not great. What a disappointment. The service was good and it was not the wait staff's fault although no mention of the steak being returned in torn pieces. The knife wouldn't even cut it. I will have to think twice before going back there.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Tenn.
“Not very good lunch!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

They are open for lunch now! The server was very good however he was swamped with customers. They gave him very little help. Now the food, well my hamburger was very done on the outside, and well not so done on the inside! I asked the manager as he walked by if he would take care of this and he said oh yes sure! Well about 5-7 minutes passed and here comes my original burger with 2 bites taken out of it on a new bun.Can we just say it was DONE all the way through now, as for the taste, there was none. And is it O.K. to put it back on the grill and with bites out of it turning it and the guys next to me burger?? I guess the the heat kills anything to worry about!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed with meal tonight, overall you can usually count on consistency at the outback. Service was really slow, meal was ok but I ordered pasta with scallops and shrimp, pasta was really dry, no sauce. Shrimp and scallops were good. Was served salad at beginning of meal and waited 5 min for server to come by so I could ask for silverware. Probably wont be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tennessee
“Don't get the 35.00 special for 2”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Don't order the 35.00 special for two. You get your choice of some limited dishes. My husband got the Alice Springs Chicken with a tiny sized extra dry baked potato, I got the filet with wild mushroom sauce and a tiny dry potato. His was fine, my steak could only be compared to an old shoe with a huge piece of grissle. The taste was awful, hard to cut and chew. I told the waitress that I thought they had mistaken my filet for a sirloin they had with the same special going on. The waitress told us she'd send over the manager (Bradley). He proceeded to tell me that the special filet they had was not the victoria's filet (that we had, had before and it was really good), but infact it was a marbled meat filet and that it was different. Different can't describe this, it was awful, but he made no concessions nor offered to take this off my bill, he suggested that when I came back to order the victoria's filet and ask for wild mushroom sauce on it. Basically it was my fault for ordering a $17.50 piece of meat that I thought would be good coming from an upscale steakhouse. We won't be back. Total bill was 43.49 plus tip, made it 50.00. Not worth the wait or the 1.5 hour ride to Coolsprings, TN

Visited May 2013
Winston-Salem,NC
“Why do I go there???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Overall I am disappointed...beer selection is poor....food is very average and very overpriced....why do I keep giving Outback a chance?? $50 for one person...nothing extravagant..appetizer...2 beers and a steak...I will avoid Outback for a while.

Visited May 2013