“Cajun Shrimp”
Review of Wild Iris

Wild Iris
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 145 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Town Center Way
Reviewed May 18, 2012

They served the best Cajun shrimp over cheeze grits that I have ever had. The restaurant is attractive and the staff is very attentive.

1  Thank torontobiggs1
There are newer reviews for Wild Iris

Reviewed May 3, 2012

After arriving in Brentwood (weekend of the Nashville marathon) we chose Wild Iris because it was close. We arrived a little before 6pm. Keep in mind the time! Before 6 pm. The restaurant was not full - had several empty tables. The hostess "greeted" us with what can only be assumed to be the usual "How Many?" - 2, party of 2. She looked at her reservation list and said (add the appropriate TONE here) "Can you get out by 7:00?" I assume she was expecting a great influx of business in an hour! We replied that yes, we could eat in an hour, so she allowed us to have a table.
After being seated our waiter (nice guy) came to the table and said "I understand you are in a hurry". We replied that no, we were not in a hurry but had been told that our table was limited to an hour!
He did not rush us (at least not too much). We observed at least 4 empty 2 tops and 3-4 tables for 4 - all remained empty during our 1 hour stay. From my spouse, as we try to remember the food (memory is overwhelmed by the rude hostess) - he says food was good, not spectacular. We obviously did not even think about dessert!
FYI- As we left BEFORE 7:00 - there was not a waiting crowd at the door! You know, 1 person can really ruin your dinner sometimes. Hopefully the Wild Iris management team will offer some training to this young lady.

1  Thank hrs1117
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great food...packed dining room...stellar service!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

A friend and I decided to try Wild Iris since we had not been there in years. This restaurant was recently recommended in Nashville Lifestyles magazine as one of the top restaurants in the area.

We both had a glass of wine (I still don't like paying over $10 for a glass of wine) and we shared the artisan cheese plate. I had the pecan encrusted salmon and my friend had the pork chop. My salmon was good. No extraordinary but good. My friend said the pork chop was spicy. While she likes spicy it was, apparently, a little too much. We shared a piece of chocolate torte cake for dessert.

With tip included, my total bill was about $50.

Will we go back? Yes but want to try other options in the area first.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

While in Nashville for a TN Titians football game, we asked the hotel staff about a restaurant in the area. They said they had heard good things about Wild Iris.

Our visit was a wonderful restaurant experience. The room was very intimate, the waiter was knowledgeable, the menu was interesting and the food and wine were perfect. It was not an inexpensive experience, but it was well worth it. We enjoyed every facet of the experience.

The location is in a small, upscale shopping area. We needed GPS to find it.