“Probably 3.5 Stars, has great potential but often underperforms”

Sportsman's Grille and Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Sportsman's Grille and Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Jim and Jerry Chandler opened the first Sportsman's Grille restaurant in 1985 with ten items on the menu. They wanted to recreate a northern hunting lodge atmosphere with fresh, hand-packed burgers, chili, catfish and cold beer. The business and menu have since expanded with the purchase of the Gerst Haus (German-American restaurant) in 1988, opening of Sportsman's Grille in the Village in 1991 and opening of Sportsman's Lodge in 2000. Jim and Jerry's wives, children and sons-in law are now involved in the businesses, which also include Melrose Billiards (opened in 1969) and three restaurants in Evansville, Indiana. The family's passion for good food, comfortable atmosphere and family gatherings inspire them to provide a great all-around experience. The service is friendly and all food is prepared with the freshest, natural ingredients from family recipes.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have eaten here 60+ times since the restaurant was built in about 2000....I have also eaten at the Sportsman's by Vandy over 100 times. Here's the deal: they have never had strong management or customer service at this location. On a normal day, the food here is pretty good but the service is lame; but alas, the place is very inconsistent. One time eveything is great.....the next time you wonder why you just spent $65 on lunch for 4 people.

If you go.....you will be impressed by the inside of the restaurant. The construction is unique and has a very authentic lodge feel. Furniture could be more comfortable but it's workable. The salads are great, chicken trenders are great, catfish is very good. I also like the burgers (order then well done), the french dip and the blackened chicken sandwich.

Go check it out....maybe you will catch it on a good day.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place Sportmans Grill in Cool Sprjngs TN. the food and atmosphere is awesome. The service by our waiter Ben was fantastic. Will be back soon! Loved it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The coffee-rubbed filet mignon is the best steak I have had anywhere; man, it is really good. And I always get the mushrooms on the side with this steak. Their au gratin potatoes are some of the best that I have had, as well. And, their service is exquisite; top drawer. Very nice place for a romantic date, and I have had a couple of very nice business lunches here as well. One of the best meal destinations in Nashville or Brentwood.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I recently ate at the Sportsmans Lodge. A number of our friends had given it rave reviews. I have to say I enjoyed one of the best New York Strips I have ever eaten. My wife had the Lemon-Peppered Mahi and loved it! We each had a couple of ice cold fish bowls of beer. I highly recommend this establishment!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A must try for lunch. Large menu with some great selections. Try the fried catfish basket. Best tartar sauce in middle Tennessee. I don't think there is any thing on the menu you will be disappointed with. Lodge atmosphere