“The worst mexican food I've ever had!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 141 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Memphis, Tennessee
“The worst mexican food I've ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We were visiting the sights in Nashville and stayed in Brentwood.. Mazatlan was recommended to us by one of the staff at the front desk. Once we arrived, were seated and we placed our order it took maybe a total of 3 minutes to get our food. It was almost literally like he took our order walked around the group of booths, threw the food on a plate and set it before us. This was a big red flag. The food was awful to say the least. Cafeteria style comes to mind. Our waiter disappered and finally after 2 to 3 bites we asked to see the manager. He did only charge us for a portion of the bill. This was actually the first time my family has ever asked to see a manager. Please skip this place. Your stomach will thank you!

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Franklin, Tennessee
“I'm Breaking Up With Mazatlan”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

My wife and I have both eaten at Mazatlan for lunch for the past 9 years (me with my co-workers and she with her friends), but they will no longer earn our business. Today they asked my wife to leave because she had finished her food and was chatting with a friend before returning to work. Turning over the table was more important than keeping a happy customer.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“either really good or really bad depending if you get lucky or not”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2007

either really good or really bad depending if you get lucky or not

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Southern USA
“Not even average”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2006

I have great Mexican food in my small little town in NC. This is not good food. The rating when I was there was not grade A. Lucky for me though, the waiter had a terrible attitude.

Tennessee
“Mazatlan is quick and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2005

My family and I always enjoy Mazatlan and have had few problems eating there. They will fill you up on their chips and salsa if you don't tell them to stop. My kids really enjoy the cheese dip (it's white). You can order alacarte or combination platters. My son gets the cheese dip on his beef burrito instead of red sauce. I like the lunch combination with a chili relleno because it comes with a guacamole salad. You can request chicken in all your tacos, enchiladas, etc. instead of beef. You can also request soft tacos instead of regular. Each person must remember to state their order clearly, even repeat it, to make sure you get what you want the way you want it, but if they make a mistake they will quickly change your plate at your request. I do not see how they accomodate the crowd so quickly. Fajitas are less here than other places. It's a reliable place to get your Mexican food.

1 Thank MominTN