“Nice Find!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked a room at the Best Western across the interstate, consulted an online restaurant listing and saw the listing for Local Taco. I'm a huge Mexican food fan--not so much the family style places that were often other restaurants before becoming a run of the mill Mexican joint, but the hipper, more creative places. This is the latter, kind of a mix of Southern US and Mexican, maybe even West Coast Mex.

I had a three taco plate: BBQ, fish, and Buffalo Chicken, and each had its own personality and flavors. I liked each one, but the fish one was my least favorite--and the chicken was my favorite. I would have liked the fish taco more if the portion of fish had been larger.

I had their queso cauliflower as a side and rounded the meal out with chips and pico. The cauliflower sounded better than it was. It wasn't bad, but I kinda wish I'd tried their take on greens. And you can't go wrong with chips and pico.

Local Taco was tucked away, but it was worth the effort to find it. Very nice atmosphere with garage doors wide open when the weather is great--as it was upon my visit.

2  Thank EdRockster

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This place was great when it first opened but honestly it's very much overrated now. Call me absurd but even though this is a local place I'll take Chuy's any day. Great margaritas though...I will give them that!

1  Thank hoppscrouse
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Excellent place to have a drink and bite to eat, especially during the evenings. They open the garage door windows and allow the breeze to relax you.
Prices are above average, but food is desirable.

1  Thank TonyRoc
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Love this place! There is a great variety of tacos available; my family's favorites are the steak one, and the fried chicken one. Try one of each! The queso is good as well. No free salsa - you have to pay for it, but there are several varieties available (as well as queso and/or guacamole.)

2  Thank kektn
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Firstly, I would not call myself a "Mexican" Restaurant if I were Local Taco. It'd be better categorized as American as their menu is a hodgepodge of all cuisines of food...stuffed into a taco. That does not make it a Mexican restaurant, so don't expect one.

It's a very casual restaurant, the food is OK....that meaning I wouldn't write home to Mom about it. The pricing is inexpensive and that being said, it does effect the amount that you get for what you pay for, so order more than you normally would to leave satisfied.

It's certainly fine for a family with children or a table of folks wanting to enjoy a Happy Hour event or watch a game. I would not plan on taking a first date there if you ware wanting to impress. It's fair game for a quick lunch. I will note that it has improved tremendously since it has opened a few years ago with regards to service and food presentation. It also should be noted that they now offer a Saturday and Sunday Brunch Menu with breakfast type tacos which I am happy to report back on once I have had the chance to sample those.