“Flavorful ribs, tender meat and FRIED CORN”
Review of Corky's Bar-B-Q

Corky's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #4 of 143 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Corky’s is the home of the world’s finest hickory-smoked Ribs and Memphis-style BBQ. Our BBQ is smoked up to 15 hours, and then finished with our signature sauces or dry rub! AND we are more than BBQ … Enjoy any of our popular menu selections such as - Catfish, Burgers, Salads & Chicken Tenders with a local craft beer or soft drink. Not to mention your just gonna love our made-from-scratch Southern style sides. All this great food is served up in our nostalgic dining room or take it to go or head to the drive-thru. We have been cater for over 20 years a variety of offerings … for office parties, picnics as well as weddings! Our Corky’s Brentwood team is dedicated to making sure that you are pleased with your experience and that every bite is more mouthwatering than the last!
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The fried corn on the cob was outstanding as well as the meat. The cornbread was so-so, but everything else was wonderful. We ended up having two servers who just graduated from Berklee school of music and we are musicians from Boston, so we had a wonderful chat of what a small world it was.

1  Thank Leanna P

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Group of 25, in and out family style, excellent service, great BBQ. Highly recommended. We were on a tight schedule and they accommodated us in a private room and we were done in 45 minutes. Well done!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ate here last weekend at the suggestion of an old college friend ... I was in the area for a family celebration, but was taking the time to visit with the friend. He had pointed out that it wouldn't be "like NC barbecue" but I would have been surprised to find anything like Wilber's or Parker's or the Skylight Inn anywhere outside of eastern North Carolina. This location was convenient to my hotel, and very easy for me to find. The parking lot is not terribly big, but I found a spot up the hill; finding the entrance for dine-in service was also a bit of a challenge, and involved my actually walking almost all the way around the building. However, the smells coming from inside whetted my appetite.
When my friend arrived, we were quickly seated, somewhat close to the stage, where a couple of singers were entertaining the lunch crowd. However, we were easily able to hear each other without shouting to be heard over the music, so that was fine. I chose the ribs, and when I hesitated over which rub to choose, the waiter offered "half & half"? That was an excellent suggestion. I picked apples & collards as my sides. The ribs were delicious (I took half with me for later), and the apples were perfection. As a matter of personal preference, I'd have liked for the collards to have been more finely chopped, but they were seasoned just right. My friend devoured his meal while we talked. Our drinks were kept filled, and we didn't have to remind the waiter which of us was drinking sweet tea and which, unsweet.
I have since recommended Corky's to another friend whose son will be attending Belmont University this fall.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Corky's is a Famous Dave's type of place, so doesn't have that hole in the wall bbq appeal, but is very well done for what it is. The service was perfect, the sides were good and the fried pickles are a must order appetizer. I had the bbq pork dinner with mac and cheese, collards and cornbread. The pork wasn't perfect (not smoky enough), but it was very good. Recommend.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

You know when you are really, really hungry and you can't wait to have a great meal? That's how we were when we went to Corky's for a late lunch. So we really dug in. It took a moment to realize that, frankly, it was bad food. We were pretty shocked that a chain barbecue place in Tennessee could be so bad. Hubby ordered pulled pork with a side of ribs and said the pork had no smoky flavor and the ribs were tough, dry and flavorless. I ordered pulled chicken and it was actually moist and tasty, but not as smoky as it should have been so it had to be doused in sauce. I could taste the tin can in the "baked" beans, which were probably some of the worst I have eaten since the school cafeteria! And the slaw was just mediocre. I hate to be so hard on a restaurant, but I am being totally honest. I have read a lot of the other reviews and have trouble believing that our experience was a one-off. Each taste bud to his own I guess.