“Bland BBQ”

Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Corky’s is the home of the world’s finest hickory-smoked Ribs and Memphis-style BBQ. Our BBQ is smoked up to 15 hours, and then finished with our signature sauces or dry rub! AND we are more than BBQ … Enjoy any of our popular menu selections such as - Catfish, Burgers, Salads & Chicken Tenders with a local craft beer or soft drink. Not to mention your just gonna love our made-from-scratch Southern style sides. All this great food is served up in our nostalgic dining room or take it to go or head to the drive-thru. We have been cater for over 20 years a variety of offerings … for office parties, picnics as well as weddings! Our Corky’s Brentwood team is dedicated to making sure that you are pleased with your experience and that every bite is more mouthwatering than the last!
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Visited Brentwood on business and checked out Corky's. There were three of us. I found the food good, but a bit ordinary. I had the pulled pork (bland), collard greens (quite good) and the fried corn on the cob (very interesting). As to the pulled pork, it was long shreds of pork that were very consistent, with no tasting hunks or BBQ's burnt edges as I am used to. It's available in a 5oz or 8oz serving. I had the 5 oz and was more than stuffed when I finished. I do recommend the fried corn, if you've never had it - very lightly battered and deep fried. Not sure I'd make a habit of it, but I liked it.
This place attracts big eaters. I saw a couple who had salads for each, split a full rack of ribs with humongous baked potatoes (one each) and still had room to split a very large banana bread pudding.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place was located less than a mile from our hotel but not very easy to get to with traffic! My sons and I all had pulled pork dishes and all were delicious. Fries and cole slaw were also good. The sweet tea is delicious. Service was fast and very friendly.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This BBQ joint is located in an odd place in Brentwood - on the corner of a very congested intersection. Once inside you immediately forget about the hectic traffic outside and start enjoying the smells and decor. Our full rack of ribs was quite good. Not quite to the same level of the TX BBQ we enjoyed for many years, but still a worthy place. The ambiance, cleanliness, service, and food were above average.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

It's no Martin's, but one of the better "mini-chain" BBQ places locally. I like my ribs dry - but not everyone's cup of tea

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The pork sandwich was so good. The staff was friendly and helpfull. Price was about average.