“Stay For the Rooms Not the Bar”
Review of The Porch Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Porch Bar
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stay For the Rooms Not the Bar”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The rooms and atmosphere here were really nice. Very beautiful in fact. My room was well laid out and very clean. This place would have 4 or 5 stars from me if that's all there was to it. The bar at night though is run by a woman (Ruth) who seems more preoccupied with her phone than she is attending to bar patrons. Not only that, but I overheard comments she made (to a guy sitting at the bar who I'm guessing is her boyfriend? He was there every night..) making fun of some of the other guests sitting at the bar. Really unprofessional overall. This happened two nights in a row with this lady. She has a serious attitude problem and made me feel really uncomfortable. I recommend that if you stay here you go to another bar nearby to avoid her.

2 Thank Noel P
TRybak, General Manager at The Porch Bar, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Noel,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words on the comfort and appointment of our property and we’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of service in our bar area. Please know that the issue you experienced with our bartender and manager has been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance to show you the complete quality hospitality you deserve if you return to our area in the future.

Thank you.