“Ode to vegetable beef”

Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Amerigo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Moores Lane
Description: For over 25 years, Amerigo has been a local Nashville favorite. Authentic Italian pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. And if your tastes veer toward wine, you'll find everything from affordable, every day wines to single vineyard varietals from Piedmont to Sicily. Amerigo serves lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Early bird is available daily between 4-6pm, and we offer over 15 gluten-free dishes to choose from. Reservations, private dining and catering services are available for groups of all sizes.
Winchester, Tennessee
“Ode to vegetable beef”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Vegetable beef soup never inspired me to write a review before, but today it has. My wife ordered it at lunch today. The broth was dark and luscious. It was slightly thick, but did not taste of thickener. The herbs were just right. It is typical of this restaurant that the flavors were in balance. This is not a chunky soup. The carrots and meat are finely diced. It is all about the broth. Every part of every dish here gets individual attention. Nothing just gets thrown on the plate. I am sure there are other good restaurants in Brentwood. So far, we have never had reason to look past Amerigo's.

Visited August 2014

Pickerington, OH
“Amerigo discovers North America”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We are in Brentwood mid August 2014 for my daughter to see her favorite boy band in concert in Nashville. We decided to hang in Brentwood instead of going further into Nashville, and boy am I glad. Like their namesake discovered America, we discovered Amerigo.

We arrived before the dinner rush at 5:45 on a Monday evening without a reservation and were cordially greeted and seated immediately. If you're going later I recommend a reservation, as it filled up while we were there.

Our server Julia arrived quickly to offer a drink. I observed immediately that she is a master of her domain. Julia is one of the finest servers I have ever experienced: she knew the menu hands down, knew ingredients, knew wine, had suggestions for us, and weaved it all together with playful banter. What a PRO!

We started with a Tuscan Crabcakes that were out of this world. For dinner, I had a Red Snapper (today's special) that was very, very good. My wife had Chicken Margarite - flame-grilled chicken over angel hair pasta with mozzarella cheese, basil and choice of tomato sauce, scallion cream or tomato-basil cream sauce. She enjoyed it. The two teen girls both had Fettuccine Imperial - grilled chicken and pancetta with mushrooms in parmesan cream sauce. Too good, and more food than they could handle.

For dessert, my wife and I split tiramisu and the girls had a peanut butter and chocolate concoction topped with ice cream. Two thumbs up all around. Even their coffee was perfect!

We will definitely return to Amerigo on our next trip to Brentwood. No question.

• Visited August 2014
“Good Choice!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

First time here, I was pleasantly surprised. It was hard to decide on an entree. There were so many things I wanted to try. The salmon was perfectly prepared. Pasta was good. The waiter was attentive and well versed on the menu. Made a good wine suggestion. Prices are reasonable. If you're there early, they have early bird specials too. Will definitely go back!

Nashville, Tennessee
“One of our favorite places to eat in Brentwood/Franklin”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I eat here regularly, we simply love this place. On the nights that we are looking to eat dinner out, Amerigos is always in the conversation. The selection of great Italian food and wine is terrific. The staff are well trained and take great care of you. The restaurant is dark enough to encourage a relaxing atmosphere.. You cannot go wrong by choosing to eat at Amerigos!

• Visited July 2014
Tennessee
“Always Excellent Food and Outstanding Service!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We have lived in Brentwood, TN for eight years and Amerigo is always our first choice! I'm originally from Mississippi and dined many years ago at the Jackson, MS location which is also very good. Dining at the Brentwood location is effortless as the servers are extremely knowledgable and their recommendations are always spot on. Not once in eight years have we had any issues. They have a special dish for each dsu of the week. Wednesday is Hot Chicken Alfredo which is VERY good if you like spicy food. They are always very accommodating when I come in on any day of the week and want that dish prepared, which I truly appreciate. We are also quite the regulars and feel right at home here with or without our two children. In addition, I often come to eat here with just the kids when my husband travels out of town and they love it too. Our favorite items on the menu are the calamari, the pasta bolognese, and the three cheese tortellini all of which are spectacular. The chicken confit arugula flatbread pizza is also wonderful! AJ is a great server who we have had many times and the bar staff is fantastic!! We have also hosted Christmas parties in the private rooms as well. All around a fantastic dining experience with wonderful service and a spectacular staff! You will not be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014