“Fried chicken at its best”

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 24, 2013

They serve southern fried chicken as it is meant to be cooked. If you are looking for real Southern cuisine, Gus's is the place to go.
We loved everything about it. Tasty, simple and just good.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Must visit. Excellent spicy chicken and 40 ounce beers. The food is reasonably priced and better than princes chicken

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Quite simply, the best fried chicken that I have eaten. The first bite gives a sharp heat profile that soon mellows out to a warm glow that does not cover up the flavor of the chicken or the rest of the spices in the batter. Perfectly done, moist and juicy.
Slaw was good, mac and cheese so-so, just ok. I will be back.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I first ate at the one in Memphis. Ran up on this little place and fell in love with it. Now, I do not eat spicy food period. This chicken has a little spice to it but it is so good you just have to try it to know what I talking about. When I found that there was one in Brentwood, well I guess you know we went driving to Brentwood (20 miles) have us some Gus' Fried Chicken. Good sides, homemade pies, sweet tea Hallelujah! Service with a smile and conversation. Kid super friendly!
Hey I going there this Saturday. See you there. Best blessings.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

First, of course the ambiance is not the same as Memphis, Memphis location has been there forever. Having said that, the flavor of the fried chicken is right on point, crisp, spicy and crunchy. Side of coleslaw was cold, crisp and flavorful, bbq beans smoky and well done. The manager Dennis was terrific, making sure everyone in the restaurant had what they needed. Having driven over 800 miles to have dinner it did not disappoint.