“Welcoming staff, excellent food, comfy beds.”
Review of The Brentwood B&B

The Brentwood B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Brentwood B&B and Inns
“Welcoming staff, excellent food, comfy beds.”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Pros: The staff waited for us to arrive at midnight- very welcoming and pleasantly unusual for a family bed and breakfast. We never felt like a nuisance. We had a choice in when to have breakfast; and the breakfast was phenomenal! Really 5 star dining. The beds were extremely comfortable and I and the rest of our 9 members slept like babies. Waters and chocolates welcome you to bed. Very beautiful rooms, gardens, and views.

Cons: (only one) the wifi was a bit spotty, but that could be a quick fix.

All in all, very satisfied.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Zoeshrager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My fiance and I hadn't traveled anywhere since we've been together. I wanted to make it special; our wedding night and our first "trip" together. I compaired B&B's. I seemed impressed with the Brentwood B&B, well their website and what they offered.
It was a huge disappointed. The staff was creepy to begin with. The bed seemed smaller than a queen size. My husband didn't sleep well, it hurt his back. I did find an ant...our jacuzzi didn't work. I had booked the Franklin, which had the largest jacuzzi (we're both large adults) We informed the "staff" They tired for a couple of hours to fix it. Nothing! They offered us an hour of jacuzzi time in another suite but that tub was tiny, not made for fat folks. As far as breakfast, why do they serve at a specific time? 830 am. Espically when couples are on their honeymoon and they got in late that night? They did offer to push it to 9. We wanted to sleep in. I had even set the alarm for 5 am but it didnt go off til 5pm! The TV had 3 freaking remotes! We had to use one to turn on the tv, one to control the voice and the other to change the channels. How incovenent? We couldn't even get Netflix to work. Phone service was poor.
I was expecting alot better from a B&B. Next time, I'll book a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask them to test the jacuzzi tubs before you arrive.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda N
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2014

All the positive reviews this B&B has received encouraged us to stay here and we were not disappointed! The setting is lovely, the food is fabulous, and the location is ideal for visiting both Nashville and Franklin. We stayed for four nights and enjoyed every minute of our stay.

We didn't get to meet the owner, Alex, as he was out of town, but Brena proved to be the ideal innkeeper and cook. Alex's brother, Tony, was visiting from Japan and added his expertise in the kitchen. The gourmet three-course breakfasts looked like works of art on a plate and tasted as good as they looked. All the meals were delicious and kept us full until dinner time.

We stayed in the Nashville room which was spacious and had a nice sized bathroom although the shower was a bit small. You are given a choice for how often you want the towels changed and how you want the room freshened. Your privacy is always respected and each room has an electronic door lock on it.

As with all Bed and Breakfasts, half the fun is getting to know the other guests. We met some delightful people and had wonderful conversations. We all gathered here as strangers, but left as friends. We would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to the Nashville area.

Room Tip: The Nashville room is at the front of the house on the second floor. Beautiful views from the windo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joann1947
Joplin
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our recent trip was our second stay at The Brentwood Bed and Breakfast. We spent four days enjoying the quiet solitude of the home, and appreciating the other magnificent estates in this picturesque community. We were thrilled to see the birth of a fawn, as well as hummingbirds, rabbits, deer, and wild turkey with babies in tow! We dearly love wildlife, so this was a special treat. :)

The location is convenient to Whole Foods, a large movie complex, a multitude of restaurants, and a shopping mall. You literally go from a serene country setting to all of the amenities of the city in five minutes!

I gave ample notice of my dietary restrictions and the chef/innkeeper accommodated my needs with a delicious and beautifully crafted three course meal fit for a queen! The whole breakfast experience makes you feel like royalty, from being formally seated to having each item described in detail of it's ingredients and method of preparation. The service, presentation, and food is deserving of Michelin Stars! I must not forget to mention the gooey and yummy chocolate chip cookies baked fresh by the innkeeper, and enjoyed by my family! These are always a hit with the fam :) I especially appreciated the dozen plus herbal teas offered, and the iced fresh lemon water always on hand to keep you hydrated in the Tennessee heat of summer. A perfect example of fine southern hospitality!

I found the owner and staff to be truly fascinating individuals. Their extensive travel experience and wide knowledge of a multitude of subjects made for interesting conversation. Their genuine care and concern for the comfort and needs of their guests was refreshing. The sweet innkeeper went out of her way to provide assistance day and night, no matter the hour. She is a jewel deserving 10 stars on a 5 star scale! This B&B has earned a loyal patron. We will definitely continue to be return guests, and will recommend this get away to all of our family and friends!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank jaybnew
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Brentwood was, hands down, the nicest B&B we've ever had the privilege of staying at. ^_^

Nestled back in a peaceful hilly location, the front and rear grounds are expansive and meticulously manicured. The house itself has a quaint feel, immaculately clean, with beautifully decorated and varied individual rooms. The security-coded rooms and house doors gave a sense of unintrusive security. The Keurig coffee and tea bar was a nice touch, available 24/7...and I'll admit, we got plenty of use out of the offerings! We seized many chances to sit out on the sizable back patio and enjoy nature--not to mention the organic herb garden, which was fully utilized in our three course breakfast the next morning. (My compliments to the chef/owner!)

The owner himself gave us the full tour, answering all our questions about the property and allowing us to select our own numerical code for our room. He must have forgotten to mention he also had live-in innkeepers, but we came across the delightful mother/daughter team early on and found them to be quirky, kind, and exceedingly helpful. (When we missed our dinner reservation that evening, they even went out of their way to make us a hot peach cobbler!) I may be ruined on all other B&Bs, now. >.<

I wish we'd stayed a few more nights, but we chose it on a whim, and I'm sometimes nervous in these situations about the possible behaviors of other guests. As it turned out, I had nothing to fear. Our other housemates were just as kind, courteous, and unique as the Brentwood's owner and staff.

Finances willing, we will be back! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Angela B
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a great Bed and Breakfast if you are looking for a wonderful night's sleep on a comfortable bed and an unforgettable gourmet, three course breakfast. The setting is beautiful and peaceful and the rooms are clean, spacious and nicely decorated. I would recommend one of the larger rooms on the second floor--you will hear the people above you if on the first floor.

Here is why I give this B & B a one star rating and will not recommend to friends or return....

-There are many unspoken and unposted rules that you are expected to follow. If you don't, you will be reprimanded by the staff and owner (yes, reprimanded). Making this a very stressful and uncomfortable stay.
-The staff is not friendly and barely speak. When they do, be prepared to be lectured on following a raw food diet and randomly asked if you have cancer. They do tend to hover and eavesdrop on your conversations--making you feel as if you are always being watched. (Note, I fully support a raw food diet...I don't appreciate being judged).
-Breakfast is served at 8:30 am. If this is not convenient for you, nothing else is offered--not even a piece of fruit. Everyone must be seated to begin, or breakfast is delayed--not convenient if you are on any type of schedule or have to eat at a certain time for medical or medication reasons.
-There are no freshly baked cookies at the end of the day, as mentioned in prior reviews--just stale brownie bites. Forget beverages! All this is offered is Costco K-cups (even for breakfast), tea bags and a pitcher of tap water.
-Want to sit on the patio on a sunny afternoon? Forget it--the staff uses it for their sun worshiping, singing and odd dancing.

This B & B might work for some...just not me.

Room Tip: Second floor, one of the two end rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. We loved the setting of the house which sat far off the main road. Our room was luxurious and the best bed I've ever slept in (I told my husband it was like sleeping in cream it was so soft and comfy!).

The breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed the patio view with a garden while waiting for breakfast; we also enjoyed talking with the other guests who were staying there. Great service and hospitality, we hope to stay again on another trip traveling through TN.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple