“Best little Taco Bar in Franklin”
Review of Swanky Taco

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Swanky Taco
Ranked #87 of 143 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New place across from the courtyard Marriott in Brentwood Tn.
Description: New place across from the courtyard Marriott in Brentwood Tn.
Peoria, Arizona
“Best little Taco Bar in Franklin”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The interior is kind of a cross between Pei Wei’s and a sports bar and the menu was just as eclectic. They offer a fair number of predetermined dishes, but they also let you build your own tacos, burritos, and fajitas. I opted for the latter which really meant I chose the meat, the shell and the toppings (and there was plenty to choose from) but it was assembled in the kitchen. Now, I tend to rate a Mexican restaurant on its hot sauce. If I order hot, I expect hot, not some watered down sissy version of hot that appeals to grandma and her acid reflux. The Swanky Taco had some awesome hot sauce. It was a warm chipotle sauce that, while I didn’t feel like it was “blow your head off” hot, made my wife’s hair sweat a bit after trying it on her fish tacos. Speaking of her entrée, I’m not much of a fish eater, but she is, and while I rate by the sauces, she rates by the fish tacos, and she thought they were the best she’d ever had, and that includes several places in Mexico and the Caribbean.
Great food, great variety, fast and very friendly service, a full bar, clean and interesting environment and very convenient to I-65, Franklin, and Cool Springs and Brentwood. If you’re in the mood for “The Bell”, head to Swanky Tacos instead. You’ll be glad you did.

Visited January 2012

nashvegas
“Can't beat this place”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Upscale taco at a great price. food is always great and fresh. they also have a repeat dinner program. very busy on friday for happy hour.

Visited November 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I had passed by this place many times on my way to the Cajun Steamer. I'm not sure why I never ventured in, but on my most recent stay I ventured in and was blown away. The mini chimi's were so good. The look like little egg rolls, but they have cheese and chorizo sausage. The guacamole was superb. I also tried the latin wontons. There were good, but I would pass on those in favor of the mini chimi's definitely.

Visited October 2011
Nashville
“Swanky Taco fits well with it name!”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My 17-year-old daughter and I visited Swanky Taco in the Cool Springs area and had a fun and enjoyable meal. It was a Monday evening, around 7:00, and so the dinner crowd was light. Service was great, as we had a very attentive young lady who served us. I tried a mojito, for $4 (wow!), and it was very refreshing/good. We ordered a basket of tortilla chips and queso blanco which also came with a bowl of salsa. Although I ordinarily do not like when a restaurant charges for chips/salsa, I actually did not mind at all since the chips were seasoned and the salsa was very, very good, not to mention the queso blanco was tasty. I had a nice bowl of chicken/corn soup, and it was large enough for me to make a meal out of it, along with the chips/salsa/queso blanco. My daughter ordered a burrito which our server politely suggested she order as many ingredients as she wished since there was no extra charge to order all of the ingredients. My daughter ordered guacamole/black beans/black olives/chopped tomatoes on the side, which we mixed together and ate with the chips. She ended up bring home half of her burrito, which she had filled with ground sirloin and a few other ingredients. It was a great meal and quite reasonable for everything we rec'd. We will dine at Swanky Taco again . . . soon.

• Visited September 2011
USA
“Best quesadilla in town!”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This restaurant is a little out of the way if you are mainly on the other side of the interstate when out and about but it is definitely worth seeking out. We were extremely impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. Loved the queso and chimichanga!