“By far the best BBQ in nth as far as I'm concerned”
Review of Judge Bean's BBQ

Judge Bean's BBQ
Ranked #5 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: THE BEST BBQ EAST OF TEXAS When you come to Judge Bean's, we want you to feel at home. We want to you to get good, home-cooked food straight off the pit, side dishes that will make your mouth water and and an experience that is unique to our place. That's a tall order, but it's a promise we do our best to make good on every day we open the doors. At Judge Bean's, a lot of folks say we have our own vibe. And that is true. We're not your typical BBQ joint. We're better than that.
Nashville, Tennessee
“By far the best BBQ in nth as far as I'm concerned”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a groupon and thought we would try it we'll we are hooked. The salsa is smokey and amazing the brisket has good bark and pink smoke ring, I don't even like ribs and these were great

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bumbalough

Madison
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was our first visit to Judge Bean's. My wife and I were given a Groupon for this place ($16 value for $8), so, we had to give it a try. We arrived around 12:30 on a Saturday and the place was packed. The parking lot was full and the dining room only has a dozen or so tables. We ended up parking at the little strip mall just north of the restaurant where there was plenty of parking and a very short walk.

Once inside, since all the 4 person tables were taken, we were seated at one of the two 8-10 person tables. There were about 6 or so flat screen TVs all around the dining room and we could see many of them from where we sat. Menu's, catsup, paper towels and BBQ sauce are already on the table. Once seated, we were promptly served an appetizer of chips and salsa. I'm not sure what was different, but the salsa had a unique smokey flavor that I'd never had before. I noticed that chips and salsa are listed on the menu for $5, but we weren't charged. Since they brought them without asking, I'm assuming they are always free, or maybe they were just having a special?

We ordered the brisket and pork BBQ plates with beans, coleslaw, fried okra, Texas size toast, and tea. Again, there was something different about the flavor of the meat and beans from other BBQ places. The portion sizes of the food were good and it all tasted great. The drinks came in a very large cup.

We enjoy most BBQ places and we enjoyed Judge Bean's too. Good food with prompt, friendly service, and clean. The prices were also reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
“Best Ribs and Brisket around!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This place served me the best brisket and ribs that I have ever had in my life. The setting was sort of crowded/cramped, we went early in the morning and business people started coming in and it got LOUD. The sweet tea was the worst I've had and I wasn't super fond of their BBQ sauce either (it just tasted... off). All of the sides were also delicious and it was well worth it for the ribs!

• Visited August 2013
“Not worth it”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

BBQ nachos came recommended on this site - they were uninteresting and of poorest quality, could not finish them. Atmosphere was interesting but inauthentic and waitress never refilled our waters and NoOne was friendly. It's the South, it's a BBQ joint! I'm a Memphian transplanted to Durham, North Carolina...on a whole Nashville food was pretty terrible and overpriced for the quality. Wished we had stuck with a chain given the disappointment.

• Visited July 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Barbeque”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

In Brentwood Tennessee for a basketball tournament so we asked the locals what is good. They gave us Judge Bean's as a good place to go. The locals are always right and this place is really good. My wife and I had the sampler platter with brisket, hot wings, diablo shrimp, pulled pork and ribs. Outstanding!!! If you like barbeque you need to go to Judge Bean's. We loved it and will be back next year when we come back for the tournament.

• Visited July 2013