“An adequate stay for one night”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed here one night in July. I would describe the hotel as adequate. It is right next to the expressway and right next to a train track, which was mentioned in one of the reviews. However, I did not hear any road noise and the only time we heard a train was the morning of our departure leaving the parking lot. I agree with another reviewer that the hotel decor is WEIRD. The colors and carpet patterns are a bit overwhelming, but I was able to overlook it for one night. Our room was double beds with a small living room area. It was plenty big. I think our room was missing a table and chairs, as there was a large area of wasted space, but gave my kids somewhere to play. Front desk staff wasn't overly-friendly, but not rude either. The hotel is near plenty of restaurants and other amenities like Target. We stayed here to head into Nashville to Country Music Hall of Fame the next morning. We got on the expressway and ended up in a major traffic jam. Using our GPS we were able to take backroads and easily got where we were going. So might not be super-convenient if downtown Nashville is a destination during rush hour traffic. But I agree with another reviewer - adequate for one night.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel has been refreshed and I feel I got what I paid for (mostly). The website advertised a fridge and microwave in each room and there was an obvious place for them but they were missing from my two rooms. I assumed they were on order. I did not partake in the breakfast so I can not comment. The area the hotel is in is very nice and comfortable. There are several restaurants within walking or driving distance. Lastly, there is a train track near the hotel but I could not hear it passing while I was in the room. I foresee traveling to the region again and will certain use again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The rooms are spacious and clean. We stayed in a standard 2 double bed room. The location is excellent! Target, Coldstone Creamery, Waffle House, Longhorn, and more are located within easy walking
distance. One gripe I have is that there was no fridge or microwave in our room, for the price you'd think there'd be one. Overall I really enjoyed my stay, and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2011

great recent remodel, friendly service, flat screen tv's, nice continental breakfast. i would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Well, I admit it had been two years since staying in a Holiday Inn. Wow, this hotel is on the better side of the tracks (speaking about the area), but the trains shook the beds 4 times during the nights. I can handle the train wake up calls knowing the next day that average eateries, a bakery, a boutique, and department store was within walking distance. Enjoy ed that! This is the best part of the HI visit.

Our room was at the end of the hall across the opened door of the laundry. Speaking of laundry, we had to ask for linens on the second day. Our bath had shampoo and hairdryer, but no lotion. The hook on the back of bath door had been lifted/torn off leaving very sharp protrusions...no p lace to hang your robe. Carpet was dingy and dirty. Mattresses were very uncomfortable. One in our party slept in a chair the second night. Greasy head-shaped spots on the headboards (previous occupants may have rested their heads on the headboards). There was space for fridge and microwave in cabinet...surprise...no microwave or precious fridge to keep the drinks cool.

The most annoying thing was the TV. After a fun filled day/night out with friends and family, we came back to the hotel to catch the news or a movie. The ONLY channel available was HGH. Two of us were hearing impaired and asked for capturing. Two attendants came to the room to set it up, changed some batteries, and still only one channel-HGH. Second day (after a call to front desk again) a gentleman came with another remote. You guessed it! Only one channel available and we were told to do something with the cable box.!!!!???? Last call to the front desk: we were told no one was available to fix the TV and that the remote probably needed new batteries. Unbelievable!! My Express billing the final day had the incorrect house number, city, state, and zip code. What was that all about? Wonder who had mine?

We asked to move the first night,but was told the hotel had no vacancies. So, when the rating of the property is a 2, take their word for it.

1  Thank Dana077
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Stayed here 4 nights. June 10-14. I found a great deal book 3 nights get one free. We had a King Suite. Really liked having the sitting area, mini kitchen area (small sink, refrig, microwave, coffee maker) and then the bedroom area. The bedroom area was not seperated by a door, but no problem as my husband & I have different sleep times. Room was clean, maid service good everyday...fresh towels daily. My husband was very pleased with the breakfast buffett as there were many options. Room could have used a few updates..couch outdated & not real comfortable and the table was pretty beat up. It was also a very convenient location for us as we went downtown nashville, Belle Meade, Lynchburg and Franklin. The staff was very friendly. We will try HIE again. No swimming pool, but a whirlpool.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed two nights here Jan 3rd and 4th, 2011 and enjoyed the hotel. It was clean, comfortable, friendly staff, and would definitely stay again and would recommend it to any fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Don't forget your coat in JAN like I did!
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gwopilot
Travelers also viewed these Brentwood hotels
Four Points by Sheraton Nashville-Brentwood
Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites
Hampton Inn Nashville / Brentwood I-65S
Best Western Brentwood
Best Western Brentwood
#9 of 20 in Brentwood
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Brentwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area

Address: 5566 Franklin Pike Cir, Brentwood, TN 37027-4321
Location: United States > Tennessee > Brentwood
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Price Range: $128 - $219 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area 2.5*
The newest addition to the Heart of Nashville/Brentwood, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-Brentwood, Cool Springs area, Tennessee! We are conveniently Located to I-65 at Exit 74A, just a short drive to Downtown Nashville, Tennessee. With our World Class Service and many Brentwood Businesses, Restaurants and Attractions within walking distance or minutes from our front door, you’ll discover why our guests have selected us as their Preferred Hotel in Nashville! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.