Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We had three rooms (2 double queen rooms; 1 king suite) over the weekend for college graduation. The rooms were beautiful, very clean and super comfortable. We had plenty of room to relax in the king suite with the whole family. The breakfast in the morning was excellent, with lots of variety over our several-day stay.

Additionally, the hotel was close to restaurants and some shopping as well as convenient to the highway. It was a bit farther to Belmont/Lipscomb/Vanderbilt than many other hotels, but this put us out of the college crowd, which is exactly what we wanted and needed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful--from the front desk staff, to the housekeeping staff, to the woman who prepared breakfast every morning.

Drawbacks: (1) This hotel is not very close to downtown or Opryland, so if you're in the market for that entertainment, plan on driving 20 minutes or so (more in rush hour). (2) The wireless internet was super slow to nearly nonexistent. But if you're in a hotel hanging out on the internet all day, you probably need to get a life anyway.

Room Tip: Ask
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 16, 2011

This was the third stay in the hotel when I visited Nashville for my son's college graduation. Informed by the management the facility changed to a Holiday Inn Express a year ago. The change is a positive one in my opinion.

We stayed in a suite with two queen beds. The room was across from the elevator and was noisy whenever they was a crowd waiting for the elevator. Fortunately the beds were in the far end of the room so the noise didn't disturb my sleep. Unfortunately there is a railway next to the hotel. This was outside the room and the rumble of trains was loud.The suite was clean, beds comfortable and is supposed to be handicap accessible. However the hallway connecting the sitting area and the bedroom area was barely adequate for a wheelchair to get through. The bathroom was too small for a wheelchair to get in. There are two flat screen TV's in the room. Good reception for Wi-Fi in the room. There is ethernet port on the desk lamp for those who do not have Wi-Fi on their laptops.

There are two sitting areas on the lower level with comfortable seating about a large TV. Complimentary breakfast was the usual hotel fare. Small workout area with a hot tub next door. Two conference rooms on the lower floor. Staff friendly and helpful. Would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank drdoc60
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our niece's graduation in Nashville. This hotel is a short drive from downtown and is within walking distnce of a shopping center with a Target and several places to eat. We had a King Suite. The room was spacious and comfortable, though the bathroom was a bit small. The hotel is next to the highway and a railroad, but we had no trouble with noise. The bed was a bit hard for my tastes, but my husband loved it. The breakfast was good, plenty of options, but the area was a bit crowded when we ate at 9:00 on a Saturday. The staff was very friendly, and overall we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I just completed an 8 day stay at this HIE property. It was more than a hotel. It was like being part of a family. From Lisabeth in the breakfast room to the front desk and the housekeeping crew, I have never encountered such a totally friendly crew. I had problem with my internet connection and within 5 minutes I had just about the entire staff calling the internet server to make sure that it was repaired immediately followed by phone calls to my room to make sure that the connection was good.
I will make sure to come back to this property as often as I can.
A total pleasure in every respect. Keep up the awesome work!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express the last 3 times we have been to Nashville. We love the fresh and modern decor. Everything is bright and clean. The suites are great for, especially for families. Separate sitting room by the door with a fold out sofa, which was a fairly comfortable bed. Suites include a little wet bar with microwave and mini fridge.
My only complaint is that the bathroom in the suites is tiny. Just enough room to swing the door open, but it's well lit with a nice shower head.
Breakfast buffet is standard HIE fare. An egg option and a meat option that change daily and a large selection of bread items; biscuits, cinnamon rolls, muffins , bagels, cereal, etc.
Location is a quick trip into downtown attractions and close to Cool Springs shopping and dining options. It's right next door to a shopping center with Panera, Coldstone, and Target all within walking distance.
We will continue to book it over and over again.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I want to start by saying the front desk clerks where personable and helpful. Debbie and Linda were friendly, informative and accommodating.

To begin, the hotel is positioned right next to a very loud railroad track.

Though the hotel was clean, the decor of the hotel was more appropriate for a children's romper room. The lime green and blue decor was cold, dizzy and nauseating. There was nothing warm and welcoming about the design of this hotel.

The small area for eating breakfast is more like a school cafeteria. The acoustics are so bad, with more than four people in the room you'd think it was full of people. Though the breakfast was typical of Holiday Inn Express' there was nothing relaxing about it.

The suite we were put in was specious, but the but the living area furniture reminded me of foam rubber on blocks. Very uninviting. The bed was hard and I may be wrong, but I felt it was infested with bed-bugs, as I was itching all night.

Final warning, a friend of ours was going to join us at this HIE, but when we suggested to move to another hotel, they refused to allow her to cancel her reservation, even though she call over 48 hours in advance. They claimed it was non-refundable because they gave her a discounted rate of $109. In all my years of travel, I've never heard a hotel do this. And we are Priority Gold Card Members. We do a lot of traveling. Seem's they need to bully people to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel quite unexpectedly for several days when my car broke down while travelling through Nashville. From the time I spoke to the hotel on the phone, they were extremely accomodating. The desk clerk, Tina was very helpful getting us into our room quickly. There were always employees in the lobby to help us with suggestions for restaurants and just for general conversation that helped us feel at home. I was impressed how even the breakfast attendant was extremely nice and helpful.

They had a nice location within walking distance to several restaurants and a few shops since we did not have a car at the time. The room was very comfortable and I loved the decor of the whole hotel. Would definately recommend this hotel. I only wish I had the opportunity to enjoy the area under different circumstances.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family