“Good for the money”

Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville/Brentwood
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location in lovely part of Nashville and you can't beat the price. Nothing fancy, but clean and lots of hot water. Walls were pretty thin, but the bed was comfy.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I will never stay at this hotel again.We had an incident during the night at 2:00 am directly across the hall from our room that was very alarming and scary.There was no returning to sleep after the police left.During check-out the next morning I asked that my reward points be returned.I was told they couldn't do anything about it, but to call the rewards program and they would verify the incident. Needless to say, the hassle is not over yet.They are telling a different story and adding information that was not true.They sure don't care about returning guests. This has been a nightmare.We are so sorry that we ever chose this hotel.

3  Thank Dianne J
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Definitely would come to this hotel again. Baymonts are a good value for the money. Especially appreciate comfortable size of the rooms, amenities, CLEANLINESS, and the fabulous hospitality we have enjoyed at Baymont hotels.

Sleep quality was disturbed by a problem in the room, staff offered another room, but we did not think it would be a problem. Unfortunately, allergies were impacted. Another room would have solved the problem, and it was offered.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After searching the internet to find a pet friendly hotel in the Nashville TN area at a reasonable price, I decided on the Baymont in Brentwood. I booked a room directly by calling them. I think it was a very good decision. It was a nice hotel in a very nice area. The rooms were clean and modern. The rooms for people with pets were on the first floor. There was a large grassy area in front of the hotel that could be used for walking the pets. The hotel is away from the interstate so there is not a lot of traffic noise. The free breakfast was fine with waffles, cereal, bagels, and muffins. The cost of the room was about half the price of a room in other comparable pet friendly hotels. I was given the senior citizen discount even though I had not asked for it. The only problem I encountered was that my room was at the end of the corridor next to the exit doors. It was noisy at times when people entered or exited using that door. I definitely plan to stay at the Baymont again the next time I visit Nashville. I will just request a different room.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor at the end of the corridor next to the exit doors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Let me begin by stating that the hotel staff was super nice and extremely helpful. However that wasn't enough to overcome a couple issues relating to this hotel.

I booked three single rooms through hotels.com and there was an immediate issue upon checking into the hotel. For some reason, the hotel had issues with the website and only booked two rooms for one night and the third room for two nights. I'm not sure who was at fault, but my printed confirmation had the correct number of the rooms and nights. The staff was able to get us in the correct format despite the fact that there was a large number of rooms booked due to cross country meet nearby.

The biggest issue had to do with the noise coming from the other rooms. I could hear the person above me on the 4th floor walking across their room at 1100pm and 500am. That tells me a lot how the hotel was constructed since all rooms in the hotel are carpeted.

I gave this hotel an average rating even though I could easily drop it down to the next lowest level. Reserve a room only if this is your last option.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is full of incompetence. I booked a reward night for me and for a friend. They were smart enough not to send me the link to review, but they sent me the link to review for my friend. The hotel was oversold and the lady who called asking me to not come. She then informed me that she could change our reservation to anything she wanted and was going to do so. I told her that I had the reservation for months and this was not acceptable. The lady then proceeded to check us in and out without my knowledge. This means that there was no room for us when we arrived to check in later that night. The front desk staff at that time were helpful and understanding but unable to do much. They finally found out what had happened. The lady earlier was smart enough to not cancel our reservation so that we would still be charged. We then called the general manager at home about finding a room for us. The GM stated that they did nothing wrong and we should just go somewhere else. Again we argued with her over the phone and it was clearly explained to her that the employee of the hotel had changed everything in the system without our knowledge. Eventually after several minutes she relented and gave us a room for the night.

When we got to our room there was an overall musty smell indicating a mold problem. The ac unit has 3 settings cool off and warm. I personally like a cold room and it never got cool the entire night. The room we were moved to was one with two queens. For this room you could have up to 4 people and they supplied 4 very old pillows, 3 towels, and 2 washcloths. This made for a hot and uncomfortable night.

The incompetence did not end with the first employee. We went the next morning to check out and guess what we were never checked in. That means our room was not listed as occupied in the system and if one person had tried to get a room that night they would have been given our room and walked right in. The front desk person in the morning was the only one who had a clue. He said he was going to bring all of the problems to the attention of the owner. I have heard nothing and assume that I will not ever hear from them again.

I also brought the problems to the attention of Wyndham rewards and they said that the hotel was within their rights to do what they were doing. I have learned my lesson. I travel frequently for business and pleasure and I will do everything to avoid any of their properties.

3  Thank Renee D
A TripAdvisor Member
VIRGINIA
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Front desk was very helpful in directions. Clean and inviting. Two negative comments - street sign was small and without tall Baymont sign, it was difficult to find. I assume maybe zoning restricts the size of the sign.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family