“Serves its purpose- Odd location”

Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville/Brentwood
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Illinois
“Serves its purpose- Odd location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very weird location, but close to a store and a Chillis. Very close to a main road that will take you to the interstate. Cab ride to Nashville will cost you $25. The hotel itself is very quirky to put it nicely. Service from the front desk was hit and miss, with one guy that checked us in that said about 5 words...but checked us in fast...so to each its own there. Room was clean, hotel appeared to be clean. It is a cheap place to stay and the money you spend a night for a 3 star hotel makes this place a good stay for a 3 star hotel (out of 5). Its not the ritz....but its not motel 6 or comfort inn either.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

The only reason my husband and I stayed at this hotel is because we couldn't find any hotels in the downtown or West End area.

The hallways were narrow and cramped, the decor was an abysmal brown throughout, the walls were as thin as paper, and it was generally poorly maintained.

When I plugged my telephone into the outlet behind the nightstand, I saw that there was no outlet cover, and the outlets were loose inside the wall. I was taking a nap in the afternoon when the guest in the adjoining room put his suitcase (or something) on his bed. His mattress bumped the wall, which in turn shook my mattress! Through the wall!

The brown room with brown carpet and brown accents resembled a cave, and it just felt old and unkempt. I will certainly not stay in a Baymont again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank PastorMom
paris, ky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a soccer tournament. Spent most of our time at soccer field or surrounding activities. But was told by the manager that they had numerous complaints about our room. My husband and I were simply sitting on our bed with our kids watching tv when the manager got off the elevator and proceeded to yell at me. We hadn't even been in our room but maybe an hour. While going upstairs to another room with two of my children I was confronted again by the manager who yelled at me. She told me that if she had anymore complaints she would call the police. Our room was right across from the elevator and stairs. You could hear people running up and down the stairs and in and out of the elevator but it was not me and my husband or our children. She upset my children so much (by yelling and threatening me) that they cried and did not want to go thru the lobby again. While we were in the lobby meeting our other teammates and families a group of young boys were running thru the halls. A man came into the lobby complaining about the noise and we were not even in our room. We were standing in the lobby. I believe we were being blamed for the noise in the stairwelll and elevator area.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room located close to the stairs or elevators!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rac444
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed here on our trip down south. this is in a business section of Brentwood- south of Nashville in a nice part of town. The room was very nice and clean. This hotel is pet friendly and there was plenty of room for our dog. Breakfast area was nice with good choices. We would definitely stay here again. Wish the bed were a little softer, but that is typical for most hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz724
Simpsonville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Pros:
- Friendly Staff
- Clean Rooms
- Pet friendly (10$ a night)
- Good price
- Great location!

Cons:
- Extremely noisy
- Lobby, 1st floor, and elevator are smokey
- Slow Internet
- No mini fridge or microwave
- Rooms are a tad small

I would have enjoyed the stay much more if it hadn’t been so noisy -- luckily, I always travel with a pair of ear plugs. However, ear plugs don’t dampen vibrations. I’m not sure what was going on on the floor above me, but it sounded and felt like elephants were staying up there. Every time someone would slam a door to their room, my bed and all the furniture in the room would shake. The walls were so thin that I could clearly hear my neighbor’s discussions and phone calls. If you chose to stay here, bring ear plugs and try to get a room on the 4th floor (the highest floor) so that you won’t have to hear people stomping around above you. If you like to go to bed early or sleep in late, it might be difficult to do it here unless you are a heavy sleeper.

Location is the best thing this hotel has going for it as of this review. It’s easy to get to the highway and there are lots of restaurants and stores nearby. Starbucks and Publix are within walking distance. I felt very safe in this area. However, the noise issue (and subsequent lack of sleep) was so bad that I would be hesitant to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the top floor and away from the elevator or stairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank MU4
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel was clean and the staff was pleasant. The free breakfast was a plus. Room was clean, had a flat screen tv, coffee pot and small desk. The only things I didn't like was that our room didn't have a alarm clock and the bed was a double.

• Stayed February 2012
Rapid City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Everything you could want for an overnight stay. There are a lot of dumpy hotels in the area, but the Baymont Inn is a good combination of comfort and value. Only negative was that breakfast offerings were rather limited.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple