“***GOT SCABBIES AFTER THEY CHANGED BED SHEETS***”

Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Jacksonville, Florida
“***GOT SCABBIES AFTER THEY CHANGED BED SHEETS***”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I am in Nashville on business, and have been staying at Candlewood Suites for two weeks now. First week was OK, after they "cleaned" my room at the end of first week, and CHANGED BED SHEETS, I discovered two days later on that I started getting weird itchy bumps on my arms skin. I thought those were bed bugs or something, so I requested to be moved to another room. They agreed to provide me with one. However, over the weekend the rash has gotten progressively bad, and I was forced to visit urgent care facility , and soon found out from the doctor that I was having SCABBIES! What an embarrassment! I felt so bed, and outright mad with the hotel!!! I only wish that I had better researched Candlewood Suites online before booking my room! TRAVELLER BEWARE!!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DON"T FALL VICTIMS TO NASTY MAID SERVICE AND DISFUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT!!! God bless all the traveling business community.
***Or and by the way, I will be filing a complaint with local Health Department, and keep ringing bells on the internet, -- this is how outraged I feel about this incident!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank denisjax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I came here for business and do not recommend it. The first room I was given upon check in was dirty (stains on the pillow, smelled of stale smoke although it was supposed to be a nonsmoking room). They did switch me to another room that was better. As a woman traveling alone, I do not like their policy of having no desk staff between 11 pm-7 am. That doesn't feel safe to me.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Louisville
Reviewed December 22, 2009

My Colleagues and I stayed 2 nights and I had to be moved to another room the second day due to the laboratory not functioning. I came back to my room after working all day and the toilet was sitting in the tub. Towels / washclothes are like sandpaper and very tattered . There is zero housekeeping service. If you need additional towels, cloths, linens etc... you have to take your used one(s) to the front desk and exchange for clean ones. The carpet is very dirty and visible stained. There is a smell in the hallways that resembles urine. Spend a few dollars more and get a real hotel room

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Ashland City, Tennessee
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Everyone was helpful, friendly, and the accomodations far surpassed our expectations. VERY pet friendly, too!

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
new jersey
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Stayed 1 night on a cross country trip. I picked this place because it is in the Holiday Inn brand which I usually trust and wanted to see what one was like. Mistake! I know these are meant to serve business people on an extended stay but would think that would make them more homey and welcoming. Wrong. No one at the front desk when we arrived and a sign stating they were helping another guest. after waiting several minutes my husband picked up the house phone and asked for some one. When the clerk came back she seemed annoyed with us and explained that this hotel was really meant for extended stays and seemed upset that we were only staying 1 night. If thats the case then they shouldn't allow people y to book for only one night. I've stayed at the Marriott type of this hotel for 1 night before and never caught attitude like this. Also The front desk area and lobby (so to speak) were like checking into the Ymca or something. Just a counter with a storage area behind with towels and such. Very unwelcoming. At a price not less than other motels in area it seems to me that it should go out of its way to make you fell at home. What is supposed to be the point of staying here? The room was large but not well decorated and a little worn. Hallways were hot ,noisy and smelly . The bed was uncomfortable. For about 10 dollars more get a real hotel and all the amenities even if you are staying awhile. Or try another extended stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Great location... very safe and relatively quiet office park environment. Plenty of eating establishments nearby. Quick to downtown Nashville, especially convenient to Lipscomb, Belmont, Vanderbilt.

I was traveling with my two teenage daughters so the suite setup with the fold out sofa was perfect. Nice large rooms, good kitchen facilities. There's a nice Harris Teeter grocery store on US 31 about two miles from this hotel, so don't fall for their "buy here, pay here" limited pantry.

Odd setup at the front desk, however. First, they note that they are unstaffed between 11 p. m. and 7 a. m. How responsive are they going to be to a problem in the middle of the night? (There was a number to call, but the "remote assist" concept gave me pause.) Along with this labor cost-cutting concept was the fact that more than once I passed the front desk and it was empty (early evening.) Eventually someone showed up, but the corporate concept seems to be the extreme of doing more with less, clearly undercutting customer service.

Finally, I guess this is beyond the control of the hotel (or tied to the paragraph above) but someone had done some serious stir frying in their second floor room before we arrived and the strong odor (and just a little smoky haze) permeated the entire hallway for much of the evening. They opened the windows at the end of the hall the next morning and that helped a lot.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
VA
Reviewed July 31, 2008

This is a nice property, not too far off of I-65, in what appears to be an office district (lots of cars heading into the community in the AM and out in the PM). Downtown Nashville is 20 minutes to the north.

Check-in and out was easy. The room -- a studio -- was big enough for a solo traveler. There's a full-size fridge and a big microwave (free pack of popcorn provided), along with dishes and utensils. Groceries you can get at the Publix, Kroger or Harris Teeter, each of which is no more than a 5 minute drive (the ambitious could walk to Publix).

The fridge does, of course, run 24/7, so light sleepers might want to consider upgrading to a one-bedroom suite, to be able to shut the door on the noise. Also, you could hear the people upstairs walking in their room, so a top floor room might be a smart request. But, generally speaking, it was quiet (no street noise or rowdies).

Like other Candlewoods there's also the free washers & dryers and free DVD rentals, but no free breakfast. And, of course, there's no daily maid service, so if you must have someone come in once a day, no Candlewood property is for you.

All in all, a good place to stay, and certainly much better (and safer) than downtown Nashville.

• Liked — Large room with complete kitchen.
  • Disliked — Ceilings a little too thin.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business