“No frills... just what you expect at the Candlewood”

Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you book at Candlewood, you can expect everything to be average and if that is your expectation you will not be disappointed in your stay at Brentwood Candlewood.

Nice room, no room service...

Excellent location but I was shocked at how heavy the traffic was, particularly about 4:30 - 6 because this hotel is in a high business section and everyone gets out at the same time.

Jim

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had to change rooms once - the first room smelled like smoke. Pretty nice area to stay in. Room was comfortable and clean. Full kitchen is a plus. Work out room seems well equipped. It is an extended stay hotel, so there is that element of folks that live there, but overall it was a nice one night stay. Staff was very alert and helpful - seemed like they could have used more help when I checked in, around 5 PM.. parking is adequate. noise level during my stay was minimal. Price was decent for Brentwood, and there are plenty of nice places to eat near the area, if you have a vehicle. I would recommend it for a business stay in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have stayed here before and always find the staff very helpful, the rooms are a good size with everything you need for a comfortable stay. The fitness room is small but adequate. The Bed was very comfortable so slept great all three nights I was there. Plenty of nice places to eat within walking distance if you don't want to use your car. I always use this hotel as my base to visit Nashville (10 minutes by car) and the surrounding area and it is one of the lowest rates for a hotel of this quality I have found in the area. I will sure be back again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Yorkie1948
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My one night stay here was fine. Front desk staff was friendly, and the room was quiet, with nice furnishings. My only complaint is the kitchen trash had not been emptied and there were hairs in the bathroom sink.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sarita08
David B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for the kind words....but apparently we missed the mark with our housekeeping staff. I do apologize for that as I am sure it negatively affected your opinion of our property. We have consulted the housekeepers as a reminder - please come back and try us again when your travels bring you back to Nashville.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The room we had was wonderful. Good bed, great pillows, kitchen with basics. A dishwasher too (even if it was old)! It seemed like it had been updated recently. This is great for gluten free people who can't eat out just anywhere. We fixed our dinner and breakfast. No pool that I saw. Clean place. The staff was friendly and helpful. The main halls could use an update or freshen up but who cares, the price is right and the room is where I spend my time. Quite area. And a Publix near by for food items.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a newer fridge. The older ones put out alot of heat and noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank tm m
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here week of Jan.6. for business. Was initially impressed with the crispness and cleannest of my suite. Also love the kitchen and the furnishings. Two things didn't impress: (1)
the last two days there were elevator repairs which, on Friday, required me to get my luggage down three flights of stairs since the elevator was not available. Extremely annoying. (2) Frankly, the TV cable lineup is very weak, why is there a need for 5 ESPN type channels and 5 news channels? You can't watch more than one at a time.
This Candlewoods hotel is not as good as the others I've stayed at. But, I guess that's what you get for the price.
Also, as a platinum ICG member, the gift bag received at checkin is better and larger.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
David B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that we did have elevator problems the night of your stay that were out of our control; but do know we take all issues like this very seriously as we had our elevator repair company on site as soon as we possibly could to repair the issue with lift. Regarding the TV lineup, we base our channel selection on feedback from guests and focus groups within our Candlewood Brand Team. We will be passing your comments on to them for consideration. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Nashville and Brentwood.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed another night at this hotel en route to Florida. We like to stay here because the facility takes pets. Our dog travels with us and this hotel is very accommodating. The rooms here are quite large, including a very nice work space, and efficiency kitchen. The beds are always very comfy and everything is generally clean and inviting. Even though pets are allowed, there is no evidence that pets have resided in the rooms. Our only problem is that there is no breakfast included. There is a coffee pot in the room and we are given our choice of juices for the next day when we check in. Other than that, we just love it here. We will be back on the way home!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple